Lenormand Cartomancy Meanings

greatdane

Interesting pluto'sapprentice

I can understand if you started with playing cards first, the crossover is different than for someone like me who hasn't read with playing cards. May I ask, since this thread is about playing cards and Lenormand, if you found it easier to kind of switch over to Lenormand decks or are playing cards still your kind of go to? In a way I see it as speaking two similar languages or the same language with just perhaps a slightly different accent :). But I would like to read about your experience.

pluto'sapprentice258

I can understand if you started with playing cards first, the crossover is different than for someone like me who hasn't read with playing cards. May I ask, since this thread is about playing cards and Lenormand, if you found it easier to kind of switch over to Lenormand decks or are playing cards still your kind of go to? In a way I see it as speaking two similar languages or the same language with just perhaps a slightly different accent :). But I would like to read about your experience.

I'm sorry, GD, I have been unclear - I don't read playing cards but would eventually like to learn beyond the 36 meanings attributed to Lenormand :D

I meant I play a lot of cards, so many of my 'quirks' as a card reader have come from being a card player.

Sorry about the confusion, and that I can't be of more help. Oh, and I loved what you said about languages, what a beautiful analogy! :D

little p

La Force

Thanks for posting up your cartomancy meanings: It is so interesting how many different cartomancy meanings are out their. Some of my meanings are different than yours. :) It's nice to see the variety. I mostly use my grandmothers more and in combination with my own that resonates with me.

Melia

Hey, Cartomancers!

I've been drawing emphasis on the cartomancy meanings of the Lenormand cards, and how an awareness of them can add more depth to a Lenormand reading, building up the layers of information available from the cards.

I agree that they add more depth to the readings, which is why I personally prefer Lenormand decks with the playing card symbols. Thanks for sharing your list of meanings.

pluto'sapprentice258

Thanks for posting up your cartomancy meanings: It is so interesting how many different cartomancy meanings are out their. Some of my meanings are different than yours. :) It's nice to see the variety. I mostly use my grandmothers more and in combination with my own that resonates with me.

Hi, La Force!

I'd love for you to weigh in here - may I ask which of your meanings differ from the ones I posted?
I love variety and diversity! :D

I'd love also to hear more variations - get them up here, guys! :D

:love:

little p

pluto'sapprentice258

I agree that they add more depth to the readings, which is why I personally prefer Lenormand decks with the playing card symbols. Thanks for sharing your list of meanings.

Thanks, Melia!

Pop back soon, hopefully we'll have more info here :D

little p

La Force

You may want to check out the thread I started " Lenormand Numerology Meanings". I don't run on preset meanings, I prefer to create my own on the context of the question being asked. Every reading is different.

La Force

Padma

I have a question and comment about Snake and Lady...I have been studying cartomancy using Kapherus' meanings - if you type in cartomancy and Kapherus in google, his blog will pop up :) He uses his grandmother's old Italian style of reading. In that, the Queen of Clubs is a decent lady, so why is she the Snake, who is supposed to be so horrible? And the Lady is the Ace of Spades - according to Kaph's site, Ace Spades is a horrible card, a death card. So why is the Snake considered nasty, and the Lady is supposed to be nice, or be the sitter?

It bothers me that Snake is interpreted so negatively. Probably personal for me, as I have the colouring attributed to the Qu Clubs! And I am no Snake! lol!

Ronia

I have a question and comment about Snake and Lady...I have been studying cartomancy using Kapherus' meanings - if you type in cartomancy and Kapherus in google, his blog will pop up :) He uses his grandmother's old Italian style of reading. In that, the Queen of Clubs is a decent lady, so why is she the Snake, who is supposed to be so horrible? And the Lady is the Ace of Spades - according to Kaph's site, Ace Spades is a horrible card, a death card. So why is the Snake considered nasty, and the Lady is supposed to be nice, or be the sitter?

It bothers me that Snake is interpreted so negatively. Probably personal for me, as I have the colouring attributed to the Qu Clubs! And I am no Snake! lol!

The Snake is not terrible at all. But Kaph uses one particular system although for many cards he does (or at least did) add some of his own meanings. Anyways, the Queen of Clubs is not only decent, she's also very materialistic and in order to be well and secure, she can go far. Snake is absolutely the same but I wouldn't call it terrible by any means. Snake is also wise, clever, quick to act while patient to wait for the best moment, temptative, sweet talker, she has all the right tools to succeed. And yes, if you happen in the way to her goal, you will be eliminated. Queen of Clubs won't tolerate someone to take away her dreamed security either. :D

Spades in the old tradition were the most powerful suit and they possessed the control over all the other suits. In many European countries this is still true - Spades rule. (note the specific design of the Ace of Spades in the old European decks) Thus being the Ace of Spades is not exactly doom. Even Kaph had commented some time ago on the Ace of Spades, his grandma used the upside down Ace of Spades to signify death and that's pretty common, don't know where this is now, haven't been to the blog in ages. Anyways, if you do your research and get into some history and ethnography, you should get the sense. I strongly recommend Russian websites for the old cartomancy meanings as well as for good grasp on history and influences on cartomancy meanings. The upside down Ace of Spades is carrying the same meaning there and the order of power of the cards is well explained. Death is upside down Ace, people just don't read much, besides death happens to be part of life, horrible is a bit... strange way to describe it. It may be horrible depending on the circumstances but it's part of the nature's cycle. Without it, there wouldn't be life. Which comes from the Woman. And ends there again... Spades rule. :) Of course, as with all systems, cartomancy has also got something from religion itself: the lack of purity that woman signifies. French say: «fichu comme l’as de pique» . So, as the Ace of Spades itself, the Woman is a complex card. :D

La Force

Ronia explained very well, so no comment. I will add a bit on the Ace of Spades

In history there were taxes that were put onto a deck of card, they held back the Ace of spades, so when the taxes were paid they would give you the Ace of spades. If you didn't pay the taxes you were considered a Traitor and you were hung. so that is in short why the Ace of spades carries the concept of death as well as bad omen/news, etc.