Gender neutral Lenormand deck?

Beth-Anne

Faceless people is an interesting idea. I hadn't thought of that. Would you mind if I mention this idea to my artist?
I wouldn't mind at all, I'm glad to help

CosmicBeing

I been wondering about lenormand cards to use for those who are gender neutral. I was thinking that you would just sit both the male and female card ontop of each other. (best idea i could come up with.)

But, be nice if there was maybe a card or two that was gender neutral so i could swap out both the male and female card or just one of the male and female card.

In Grand tableau I was going to just name the woman and man house as person 1 and person 2 if I am reading for a gender neutral sitter.

Then if i am reading someone who is interested in a woman or man.. i would just have two male or female houses example House man 1, house man 2.....house woman 1, house woman 2.

I want to test the theory to see if it could work out well.

Aster Breo

I been wondering about lenormand cards to use for those who are gender neutral. I was thinking that you would just sit both the male and female card ontop of each other. (best idea i could come up with.)

But, be nice if there was maybe a card or two that was gender neutral so i could swap out both the male and female card or just one of the male and female card.

In Grand tableau I was going to just name the woman and man house as person 1 and person 2 if I am reading for a gender neutral sitter.

Then if i am reading someone who is interested in a woman or man.. i would just have two male or female houses example House man 1, house man 2.....house woman 1, house woman 2.

I want to test the theory to see if it could work out well.

That's an interesting idea. And a good way to handle it with the decks as traditionally drawn, where there isn't a gender neutral option.

I'd be interested to hear how your tests work out.

CosmicBeing

That's an interesting idea. And a good way to handle it with the decks as traditionally drawn, where there isn't a gender neutral option.

I'd be interested to hear how your tests work out.

Will do. Going to try it out on the forums if someone doesn't mind being open about their gender identity or sexuality. Hopefully there be someone willing to.

I just have to write this down on my thread ideas to practice it out sometime down the line. :)

Beth-Anne

Our gender neutral cards are done if your interested in seeing how we handled them. (Thread name, deck with my daughter).

CosmicBeing

Our gender neutral cards are done if your interested in seeing how we handled them. (Thread name, deck with my daughter).

Yes I'm interested to see what your gender neutral cards look like.

Beth-Anne

Yes I'm interested to see what your gender neutral cards look like.
Our 2 gender neutral cards: can poses either or both qualities of the Man & Woman cards. Can be used in place of the Man and Woman cards or with them. The gender(s) they personify is based on what is relevant to the question(er). Also since not all our people are necessarily dark or straight haired, these cards are brunettes, and one with wavy hair. As 2 spirited people possess the gift of longevity these cards are numbered zero and timing wise would be endless or limitless. However as interchangeable with the Man & Woman cards they also might represent 28 or 29.
f9d7d51445bbbace33ca54e4b93d9ed3.jpg

CosmicBeing

I like them they are designed well :)

are there any symbols in the native american culture that represent "two-spirit" individuals?

If so you could always put those symbols on the card too as the focus.

I'm not gender queer. So I suppose to an extent what i think is fine someone who identifies as gender-neutral may not be fine with it.

But, maybe try cards with symbols to represent two spirited.

Like intertwined "souls" of different color... like say one is lavendar and the other is navy and they wrap around each other.

Just another thought. Because I figure there might be gender neutral individuals who would like images that lack certain gender expression.

*Hope I didn't come off rude. Was not my intent at all*

Beth-Anne

I like them they are designed well :)

are there any symbols in the native american culture that represent "two-spirit" individuals?

If so you could always put those symbols on the card too as the focus.

I'm not gender queer. So I suppose to an extent what i think is fine someone who identifies as gender-neutral may not be fine with it.

But, maybe try cards with symbols to represent two spirited.

Like intertwined "souls" of different color... like say one is lavendar and the other is navy and they wrap around each other.

Just another thought. Because I figure there might be gender neutral individuals who would like images that lack certain gender expression.

*Hope I didn't come off rude. Was not my intent at all*
Not to my knowledge, the churches were pretty thorough in wiping out this aspect of our culture so only small bits survive, but enough to know they are to be honored. This recognition is hotly contested in more assimilated (heavily religious) communities. Photo evidence has also survived. I suspect the photographers didn't realize what they were truly capturing on film
*I should add that I'm not 2 spirited, I've simply been taught to honour them and include them so in a Native deck, having these cards was necessary imo

CosmicBeing

Not to my knowledge, the churches were pretty thorough in wiping out this aspect of our culture so only small bits survive, but enough to know they are to be honored. This recognition is hotly contested in more assimilated (heavily religious) communities. Photo evidence has also survived. I suspect the photographers didn't realize what they were truly capturing on film
*I should add that I'm not 2 spirited, I've simply been taught to honour them and include them so in a Native deck, having these cards was necessary imo

True. Well maybe also provide cards that just show a symbol of "two aspects/souls" (however individuals what to explain it) intertwining.

I like the imagery you provided. It is beautiful and well drawn. But, (this is just my opinion) I not the biggest fan of the long hair. I feel maybe something more symbolic would be better. I would have to sit on it more to come up with a thought as to what I think could be another imagery.

This is just my opinion. Plus this is your deck.. so do what you feel expresses gender neutral the best.

But, you did beautiful work. I think the drawing you did was very pretty. I enjoy it much.