Pocket Thoth printing defect?

Sibylline

Whoa, mine has it too. I've had my pocket edition for about 3 years and I use it quite often....HOW did I not notice the misprint before??

The better question is how did any of US miss it? :laugh:

Zephyros

Just a correction... the Penny Black, the first stamp issued by the UK isn't actually rare or valuable. They generally go for £15-25.

3ill.yazi

I hope you're happy, Agviz. You've RUINED this deck for so many people. ;-)

gregory

I hope you're happy, Agviz. You've RUINED this deck for so many people. ;-)
HUH ?

HE did ? How ?? (I must go and look at mine now - but it will not RUIN it for me if I too have the defect...)

ETA Mine does NOT have the defect. Am I the only one ? My glazing is fine, too.

3ill.yazi

My poor attempt at a joke.

Eremita90

Well, jokes aside I was a bit pissed off at first when I found out, but with time I got used to it. I'm glad the background of the Eight of Swords is dark, if it had happened on the Two of Cups I would have thrown it away.

agviz

Scan for reference

Here's a scan of the 8 of Swords with the printing error. The error appears to be a repeated pattern of sword handle outlines which overlay the lower portion of the image. It probably looks worse in this scan than in actuality because it's blown up so large. I suspect the printer didn't catch the error because the Thoth imagery is so visually complex to begin with.

This specific deck was purchased on November 14, 2014 from Amazon (US). This is the only error I've found on the deck.

Attachments

• PocketThoth8Swords.jpg
    PocketThoth8Swords.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 179

Le Fanu

Mine was bought ages ago. Old stock in a shop from about 2009 so the flaw has been there for a while.

I have another one somewhere. Must check that one too. It's even older...

gregory

Which SIZE pocket are we talking here ? I have three sizes of Thoths. Maybe I looked at the wrong one.....

Ah wait - ISBN goes to one the size of what I call my mini - mine is from Muller, 1986, and it's perfect too. (It's also too old to have an ISBN.) The ISBN is the USG reprint of 2007.

I'm a bit surprised that they say it's the size of "regular playing cards" on the USG site - all my playing cards are more the size of the "mid sized" one.