Baroque Bohemian Cats-Death

Tibor

Could anyone please enlighten me a bit about this card. What are those two cats doing there. Is he trying to kill her. She looks scared. Is he looking up to ask help from above? Is this card about the impending doom? And what's Marionette Theatre has got to do with this all? So is this all just a play and they are actors?Guys, Karen pls help :)

GryffinSong

I've struggled with this card too, and haven't really figured out exactly what it means to me. I was fortunate to get ahold of a copy of the first edition book though. It does say its a performance, and that the actors are hamming it up. I like the cat's interpretation ...

"If a cat has nine lives this may mean that they understand the true meaning of this card more easily than a human. Perhaps each of a cat's deaths is a transformation, which even if difficult, leads to refreshed life and a new start." - Karen Mahoney

There are three pages about this card, but they do also quote from Macbeth ...

"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. - Shakespeare

Tibor

thank you for that :) although it looks like there is a lot to this card. I wish the LWB that comes with the new editions would not be so little :)