There are no standard meanings for cartomancy?

magician_

Hello, I am very confused to see that it seems that there are not a single, standard system of meanings for non tarot cartomancy(hearts, clubs, diamonds, spades...), is this really so? of is there any standard one?

Thanks

cardlady22

Unfortunately, for a beginner, there is no standard. The good thing about that is the flexibility. As long as you choose a set of correspondences that works with your intuition & outlook, you can read cards with any deck.

I like to collect different takes on the cards, but the simplest way I've found is here:
www.hedgewytchery.com/cartomancy.html

Many people use a framework where the suit represents a season, life area, or element. The pips represent a certain level of that spectrum of energy/possibilities. The main thing is not to get bogged down or confused when you see a different meaning posted from another reader. Think of it as a translation issue.

hunter

Wow! thanks for the link :)

magician_

Thank you very much for this interesting link.
However, it mainly deals with associative meanings(certainly a very important aspect of cartomancy), but which link would you recommended me in wich I could study good and reliable meanings for single cards, for example if you pick up a card for a precise and quick question?

Thank you very much ;)

cardlady22

Most of the methods I have run across use at least 3-4 cards. I see many comments along the lines of "the meaning is affected by the surrounding/near cards" so I'm not sure.

There is a guy named Kapherus who has a forum called The Art of Cartomancy where they do all sorts of playing card oracles.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=1753417&postcount=4
These are the bare-bones key phrases I use with the playing cards. Just ignore the character names.