Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Motherpeace Tarot anyone?

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups

Card Reader/Fortune Teller

Grizabella 

If you don't have the energy for both, the study threads will always be here, so you could always come and use these threads as a resource if you study it later on. There will probably always be people who might join in if they see someone resurrecting the study again.

This study group always seems to just wither on the vine and never go anywhere, but I do feel it's an important enough deck in the history of Tarot that we should make some efforts to keep it alive and well.

This evening I'll be posting a thread on the High Priestess.

I have both sizes, too, but I love the little mini deck more because it's small and my hands are small. Besides, I live in a motorhome and have space issues, so small decks make more sense for me than the big ones. I'm trying to collect as many mini decks as I can.

What I suggest, since you have both decks. is that you find the card you're studying in the larger deck and put it where you can see it all day and then just use your mini deck for doing spreads, if spreads will be included in your method of learning.
Top   #51

Grizabella 

Well, this group has pretty much met with thundering silence so far, but I'm going to forge ahead.

Let's keep it orderly here. Don't everyone talk at once.
Top   #52
Citizen

swedishfish612 
Citizen

lol about the thundering silence! I'm reading, just haven't decided if I'm going to join in or not. I hate to commit and then give up after two or three cards.

But I lay the cards out yesterday and looked at them. I'm struck by how much I enjoy the artwork, even though it's more primitive. There's a lot of energy and love in these cards.

I like your idea about reading with the mini-deck and using the regular sized more for display, most likely on my altar. I've done that with my giant RWS cards in the past. The minis are much better, especially if you're pulling multiple cards for a spread.
Top   #53

Grizabella 

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishfish612 View Post
lol about the thundering silence! I'm reading, just haven't decided if I'm going to join in or not. I hate to commit and then give up after two or three cards.

But I lay the cards out yesterday and looked at them. I'm struck by how much I enjoy the artwork, even though it's more primitive. There's a lot of energy and love in these cards.

I like your idea about reading with the mini-deck and using the regular sized more for display, most likely on my altar. I've done that with my giant RWS cards in the past. The minis are much better, especially if you're pulling multiple cards for a spread.
I know what you mean about starting in a study group only to abandon it after a few cards. I've done that multiple times in the past with other study groups.

Feel free to just lurk if you like. Then if you suddenly have an insight about something in one of the cards or about a specific card, you can always jump in and post. No need to feel that you'll be held to participating in the whole study.
Top   #54
Resident

3Jane 
Resident

I'm in! I had the experience of picking a deck up and leaving it again as well, but I hope to stick with this one as I use it the most. I'll try to create something along the lines of a card profile from Biddy Tarot - I really like her list of context specific meanings: http://www.biddytarot.com/tarot-card-profiles/
Top   #55
Citizen

Gwynydd 
Citizen

I don't have the Motherpeace deck yet, but I very much would love to be involved in a study group on the subject. If anyone's interested, I'm game and keen
Top   #56
Resident

SabriSuh 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwynydd View Post
I don't have the Motherpeace deck yet, but I very much would love to be involved in a study group on the subject. If anyone's interested, I'm game and keen

I am with you Gwynydd, I am waiting for the deck and the book to arrive, hopefully, on 3 more weeks :fingers crossed: I hope that we can work through and help each other

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Top   #57

Grizabella 

I think mine is packed away but if I find either of my Motherpeace decks sometime today I'll join in.

The Motherpeace is Thoth-based so if you're familiar with Thoth, that might be a help to you. I'm not so familiar with it because I use RWS-based decks because that's what I learned with but I read pretty much any deck, no matter what it's based on.

In the past I've had all of the books but the one I found the most helpful is the one called Motherpeace: A Way to the Goddess through Myth, Art and Tarot.
Top   #58
Citizen

Gwynydd 
Citizen

I haven't actually ordered my copy yet I have a Thoth deck, but I wouldn't say I'm as familiar with the Thoth system as I am with the Rider Waite Smith system.

I think I'd like to own the regular size deck and the mini. Which would you suggest is best to get first?

I'm so keen to sink my teeth into some fiercely feminine decks!
Top   #59
Citizen

Gwynydd 
Citizen

Ok! I've ordered the regular sized version and the guidebook. I'm so excited! I'm thinking I'll get the mini too, but not sure yet.
Top   #60

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.