The Good Tarot by Colette Baron-Reid

Dejaliyah

I'm excited

I am so excited to see what it looks like, I've searched everywhere and cannot find any sneak peaks and she has also not mentioned anything about it, which I find odd. Hayhouse has it on sale for $15 (40% off) but don't allow presale, which I find weird maybe it's already sold out! I think if she revealed some pics of it, it would sell out even more. I am hesitant buying decks I have not seen at all. I was even considering pre-ordering for $15 but it doesn't let me, again maybe because it's sold out but it doesn't even say that.

http://www.hayhouse.com/good-tarot-card-deck

Dejaliyah

Affirmation Deck

I was wondering why this deck showed up in Affirmation decks on Hayhouse.com

Here is a description of the deck from amazon.com:

The suits in The Good Tarotare the four elements, with Air standing in for the traditional Swords, Water replacing Cups, Earth for Pentacles, and for Wands, Fire. A crucial difference from traditional decks is that the cards’ messages are all written as positive affirmations in the present tense, rather than forecasts, instructions, or warnings. Those who use the cards in the suggested way can integrate their energy immediately and personally.

I like affirmation decks, I've even made my own so I think i am going to pre-order it on amazon. I love her maps deck and the red deck so much, I bet the art is going to be just as amazing. It sounds to me like it's more of an oracle / affirmation deck that is based on Tarot system. Very interesting.

Michellehihi

There is a new one, Wisdom of the Oracle. I can't vouch for it, as I haven't used it yet, though I do have it. Haven't read the book, either --and as for homework, you can do what I usually do, which is ignoring it... })

I don't see her as too foofoo, fluffy or saccharine, either. Though her pictures tend to be posed and Photoshopped within an inch of her life; she doesn't look half as good in her videos, among other things because she has abused Botox and fillers as many people tend to do. I only mention it because it can be a little distracting sometimes to watch her and see how some parts of her face move in odd ways and some others don't move at all. OK, I should shut up now.
Wow this description of her physical appearance is interesting, to say the least! I am going on youtube to check her hahaha!

Michellehihi

ah...um...I am French, and the term is frou-frou. But you made an interesting adaptation in relation to the Fool card ;)

Padma! I didn't know you are French! French french, or québécoise?

Padma

Padma! I didn't know you are French! French french, or québécoise?

I prefer to refer to myself as a French Canadian. :) My parents were French from Quebec, and I lived there a good deal of my life. My mother did not speak English.

Back on topic, I won't be buying CBR's tarot deck. If I can't see at least a few of the cards, then no way am I buying a deck, blind! Also, the deck sounds too much like Doreen Virtue tarots. So this one won't make it into my collection.

I don't know - I am not really super keen on adding more decks to my collection just for the sake of having them...if I won't use it, I don't see the point.

AutumnOwl

I'm really excited! The artist is the same one as Enchanted Map Oracle...on her website (autumnsgoddess.com) I couldn't see any sneak previews though :(

I find the enchanted map oracle has a good balance of darkness with the light, so hope the tarot will de deep....I wasn't planning on buying any new decks though hahaha!

Michellehihi

I prefer to refer to myself as a French Canadian. :) My parents were French from Quebec, and I lived there a good deal of my life. My mother did not speak English.

Back on topic, I won't be buying CBR's tarot deck. If I can't see at least a few of the cards, then no way am I buying a deck, blind! Also, the deck sounds too much like Doreen Virtue tarots. So this one won't make it into my collection.

I don't know - I am not really super keen on adding more decks to my collection just for the sake of having them...if I won't use it, I don't see the point.

Yes, back to the point (and thank you for your answer!). Like you, I don't buy decks just for collecting them anymore. I need to read with them.
I find it strange that we are not able to see a single image of this deck! So close to the issue date. Usually creator, to the contrary, show us many cards, and it is like a publicity for them.
Maybe she has not even started to do this deck hahahaha!

gregory

There's a much longer thread about this deck here.

No-one seems to have found any images to speak of :(

earthair

I checked her Facebook page...nothing there :neutral:

rwcarter

Moderator Note

To avoid confusion, two threads about this deck have been merged together.