OshoZen 8 of Rainbows (Pents)

squeakmo9

8 of Rainbows ~Ordinariness~

When I see this card, I'm reminded of the RWS version where someone is laboring away, diligently. This Osho 8 makes me think that this lady is enjoying the fruits of her labors. Perhaps someone who is retired. I've worked full time, I've worked part-time (which I tend to do now), also done both together plus school, and I much prefer part-time, lol. For these past few years I've been paid less, but have had much more personal/free time. I have been so blessed. Being outdoors on a Monday, when the weather is good, is such a treat. It's so quiet, and I can just take my time, enjoying the little things that give me so much joy.

Judith D

I think she is picking flowers, for the pure joy of the beauty of it. I like the commentary very much, but I don't know that I could have reached that meaning from study of the card itself. I know that the 8 of Pentacles in the traditional RWS is the student, hard at work learning his skills, or developing his hobby, and growing in experience. It is again patience, but also discipline. That fits well with the commentary idea of doing your mundane tasks with complete attention, for their own sake, but still realising their importance and specialness, even though they are so ordinary.
This is such a beautiful card. The freshness of it, the abundance of flowers in the field and on the trees - it must be spring to be blooming like that. You can almost hear the birds sing and the bees buzz.
It does indeed look like she is enjoying the fruits of her labours (but traditionally, that would be more like the 9).
Perhaps, then, this represents that moment of bliss, that extraordinary moment when you 'fall together'. I could do that, in that place.

lolakate

What I want to know is, what's over that hill? And where is she going with all those flowers? Does she work or is she retired? Maybe she owns a flower shop? What does 'ordinariness' mean exactly? It's a bit of an enigma this card, I think.

squeakmo9

lolakate said:
What I want to know is, what's over that hill? And where is she going with all those flowers? Does she work or is she retired? Maybe she owns a flower shop? What does 'ordinariness' mean exactly? It's a bit of an enigma this card, I think.

I hadn't realized she was going over a hill, maybe she's just plain 'over-the-hill'?
When you asked the question about where she was heading with the flowers, made me think of her going to a graveyard.
Also, if in company with another card, I wonder if you can apply those flowers to a final destination.
8 of Rainbows & 4 of Water...a place of meditation, reflection, for a small gathering.
8 of Rainbows & 6 of Clouds...A friend who is laid up in hospital, to cheer up an old pal, to brighten a room?
I guess what I'm trying to say that this card, like any other, comes to life only when seen through the reader's eyes. What does it mean to you, LolaKate? Where do you think this flower lady is going to, and where do think she has been?
Great questions, BTW:)

Master_Margarita

Ordinariness. What a paradoxical name to this card. The very ordinariness of the moment is its preciousness. Just to be walking across a field of flowers enjoying the beauty of the day.

I relate this card to the more traditional 8 of Pentacles by looking at the figure on the card as an apprentice on the spiritual path, developing the "skill" or "craft" of remaining present in the moment.

ETA: I also think this card pairs very interestingly with the 8 of Fire in this deck, "Travelling." Both reflect a beautiful journey, but in different ways.