What edition do I have?

gregory

As far as I know your friend's deck is older (I believe the numbers are print runs - though I may be wrong here...)

No copyright does suggest 1971 or so printing.

rwcarter

Inside cover of LWB:
numbers - 20, 19, 18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11

I am assuming the above numbers will tell me what printing I have?

Another deck that a friend has - everything is the same as above, only the numbers in the LWB are:

10, 9, 8

Can I tell which deck is older? Are either of these decks the original 1971 printing? How exactly can I tell, so that I know with future purchases?
You have the 11th printing of the LWB and your friend has the 8th printing. (The lowest number listed is the printing number.) As print run info isn't available for the cards themselves, I think the LWB printing info is the best source of info.

Define "original 1971 printing". I have a Weiser edition with no printing info in the LWB, which was printed by USG. I believe that is the first printing of the yellow-box deck. The lowest LWB printing number I have for a USG edition is 7, so I don't know if there is actually a USG edition with a LWB with printing number 1.

Rodney

Bhavana

You have the 11th printing of the LWB and your friend has the 8th printing. (The lowest number listed is the printing number.) As print run info isn't available for the cards themselves, I think the LWB printing info is the best source of info.

Define "original 1971 printing". I have a Weiser edition with no printing info in the LWB, which was printed by USG. I believe that is the first printing of the yellow-box deck. The lowest LWB printing number I have for a USG edition is 7, so I don't know if there is actually a USG edition with a LWB with printing number 1.

Rodney

thanks Rodney and Gregory -

by original 1971 printing, I mean the first printing, I was trying to figure out when between 1971 and 1975 my no-copyrite deck was printed. I guess there is really no way of telling exactly - and that's fine. I am just so thrilled with this deck - at first I was worried about using it, thinking I should put it away - but I now see they are for sale all over the place. I am not going to buy any more unless I can get them for the same low price I paid for mine...it is a beautiful version of the RW, though --- I am more interested now in finding even earlier versions...planning on doing LOTS of yard sales and flea markets this summer...I know these decks are out there somewhere!!! I'll find them if it kills me!!!

Bhavana

has anyone ever seen this one before, or know anything about it?

Attachments

• hermes deck.jpg
    hermes deck.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 158

gregory

No but now I want it :D

gregory

You don't think it has just spent FAR too much time in strong sunlight, maybe ???

It is peculiarly vile - and isn't on Holly's page... It's a CULT thing. }) (If it wasn't then, it is now :D) I have consulted truelighth...

roppo

No, Debra. It's not a Merrimack. The back pattern and the words on the bottom are different.

By expanding the photo I can read "Vancouver BC Canada" on the extra card. Obviously an unknown kind of RWS.

Debra

I saw that the backs are different but the fronts look the same to me. Huh.

A good mystery!