RWS University Books

KariRoad

University Books

"Press" is incorrect. The slip case ones give the best "collector" vibe, but an LWB is ultra sweet. Also, you can collect copies of Waite's "Key to the Tarot" by, University BOOKS too. The older editions have color illustrations. Later on they just did line art versions of the cards.

Search the friendly and helpful Aeclectic Tarot Community Forums for vast amounts of information on these cards/books.

Stark Raven

"Press" is incorrect. The slip case ones give the best "collector" vibe, but an LWB is ultra sweet. Also, you can collect copies of Waite's "Key to the Tarot" by, University BOOKS too. The older editions have color illustrations. Later on they just did line art versions of the cards.

Search the friendly and helpful Aeclectic Tarot Community Forums for vast amounts of information on these cards/books.

I agree, you are right. I was referring to my 'mental notes' on the topic, and this is my first experience with this product line. I thought it was University Press and it appears you are right. Thanks for pointing that out. How did you notice that right away?

rwcarter

Moderator Note

I have corrected the title of the thread.

KariRoad

Never was University Press

I agree, you are right. I was referring to my 'mental notes' on the topic, and this is my first experience with this product line. I thought it was University Press and it appears you are right. Thanks for pointing that out. How did you notice that right away?

Sometime awhile back some people got on the "University Press" bandwagon, and simply kept repeating that.

University Books was the actual name, to begin with, but it changed over the years, 3 or 4 times... I think it's Carol Publishing now, but that's thin even if it's accurate. Publishers are like any business anymore, who owns who is almost irrelevant.

My noticing it "right away" is mostly due to that I made the same mistake myself before I focussed in on accuracy.

Nota Bene: Repetition is not History! ~but that's for another forum ;)

KariRoad

?.. I got the regular box, is there a significant difference between the two that you know of? Or perhaps a link where I can read about it that you know of?

One truly funky thing about these decks is how when they went from the slip-case to the tuck-box, the tuck-box was too tight of a fit... The deck literally bulges out, and so very often the tuckers have torn flaps.

But, let the funk roll... really, the slip-cases are "accident prone" so far as gravity is concerned. I put a rubber band around the inner box to grip it to the outer. But think about it... How many readings began with the cards falling out of the Reader's hands?

Perhaps the origin of Reading wild cards off the floor?

As to your question, no real difference in the decks, just slip-case status (and: major points for an LWB).