the pond in the star...

arya ishtar

i love this card, but something has always bugged me about the pond. it's so strangely shaped, and completely different than any other water feature in this deck. and then one day, when it came up reversed, it dawned on me. it almost looks omega shaped from that direction. and now, when i see it right side up, it looks like the top of an urn. is there any significance to the shape of the pond, that anyone knows of? it seems so... purposeful... but i see no purpose... *ack*

Kid A

What kind of deck is it?

Edit: derp! I see that now nevermind LOL! I dunno about that one...

Richard

Now that you mention it, arya ishtar, It looks like the profile of an urn to me too. I've always wondered about the unusual shoreline. Thanks for pointing that out! It may be intentional. The urn is associated with the Water Bearer, Aquarius, which is the zodiacal attribution of Trump XVIII, The Star. Also, the waves in the water are suggestive of the astrological symbol for Aquarius.

arya ishtar

huh! you'd think i'd have noticed that, seeing as i am an aquarian, and she's my patron card. :) the water bearer's urn, not the physical one, the metaphysical one, the repository of the unconscious. (that sounded pretty good, eh?) thanks lrichard. (for some reason i read that as "li'l richard," lol)

Richard

huh! you'd think i'd have noticed that, seeing as i am an aquarian, and she's my patron card. :) the water bearer's urn, not the physical one, the metaphysical one, the repository of the unconscious. (that sounded pretty good, eh?) thanks lrichard. (for some reason i read that as "li'l richard," lol)
Moreover, a body of water can symbolize the unconscious itself. This seems to be a version of The Star in which the pond is pictured as a cauldron (or something like that).

Everybody does the Li'l Richard thing with LRichard (even I do :)), but the L is actually my middle initial (for Lynn). Little Richard was the true king of rock and roll! I saw him in person once at a rock concert long ago.