the emperor's armor

arya ishtar

can anyone tell me about the emperor's armor? kind of weird how he's got his robes hiked up like that. reminds me of how a cowboy would pull his coat up and back, away from his piece before a gunfight. is the emperor just letting you know he's ready to rumble if need be?

rwcarter

arya, there's a pretty in depth index for the forum located at RWS Forum Index. See post 3 for indexed threads on the Emperor or post 26 for threads on armor.

arya ishtar

can you give me a little more direction, please? before i asked that, i did an extensive search on multiple threads. putting it into the search function (search forum and search thread) turned up nothing. i followed your link, i scrolled down to the 3rd post, clicked on emperor, control-f searched "armor" and it keeps coming up "death's armor." then i went to accessories and clicked on "armor," and it took me to your post, where i clicked on "emperor", read the thread, up to the question at the bottom about the armor that no one has answered yet. so, found a post asking the same question, but no answer... *sigh*

arya ishtar

(when i say "turned up nothing" i mean it turned up nothing but the question that someone else asked that hasn't been answered. i'd been thru everything you sent me to BEFORE i got frustrated and asked the question again, here, where i figured someone might kn ow the answer.)

rwcarter

Most Emperors are also warriors, having become Emperor by conquering enough land to have an empire to rule. So the RWS Emperor is reminding you that he's not just a ruler/politician - he's also a fighter who's "ready to rumble if need be"....

Richard

It is also good to remember that Majors do not have to represent people. The Emperor is not merely some bearded old kaiser itching for a fight. The card represents rulership and all which that entails, including defense of the realm (the warrior role). Moreover, the realm is not necessarily geographical. For example, it may be a domain of ideas or philosophy. (This non-personal approach is favored by Rachel Pollack, acknowledged by Mary K. Greer, and obviously intended by A. E. Waite. Of course, any sort of intepretation is permitted; nothing is forbidden. The farthest reaches of the imagination are valid.:rolleyes:)

arya ishtar

ahh... the farthest reaches of the imagination... my hometown. :)