Planetary Exaltations In The Minor Cards

anubis777

Greetings all & Happy Valentines day. I have had this question on my mind for quite some time & was actually hoping to get Aeon418 to answer it. As an example the 3/cups has jupiter exalted in 15 degrees so do we bring the planet jupiter into the 3 of cups meaning?
Looking at the 10/cups we have venus exalted in 27 degrees of pisces so do we bring in venus to interpret this card along with mars? If the planetary exaltations are used then how do you use the exalted planet with the ruling planet in the card? The moon is exalted in 3 degrees of taurus which would place it in the 5 of disks, but then we have the moon exalted in the 6 of disks so how would we rectify this exaltation? Hope to get an answer as this has been on my mind for a long time.

Grigori

Greetings all & Happy Valentines day. I have had this question on my mind for quite some time & was actually hoping to get Aeon418 to answer it. As an example the 3/cups has jupiter exalted in 15 degrees so do we bring the planet jupiter into the 3 of cups meaning?
Looking at the 10/cups we have venus exalted in 27 degrees of pisces so do we bring in venus to interpret this card along with mars? If the planetary exaltations are used then how do you use the exalted planet with the ruling planet in the card? The moon is exalted in 3 degrees of taurus which would place it in the 5 of disks, but then we have the moon exalted in the 6 of disks so how would we rectify this exaltation? Hope to get an answer as this has been on my mind for a long time.

I'm a bit confused by your questions anubis. 3 Cups in the Thoth is attributed to Mercury in the second decan of Cancer. Can you clarifry where the Jupiter at 15 degrees (of?) comes from?

anubis777

Hi Gregori i know that mecury rules cancer 3/cups but in astrology jupiter is exalted in cancer just like the wheels of the chariot which represent jupiters exaltation. So i was pondering if the exaltations applied to the minors. Just like you see the sun in the emperor card is the exaltation of the sun in aries.

Zephyros

I think the Golden Dawn used astrology mainly to flesh out ideas that were conveyed in the cards. I myself don't use exaltations except in specific cases when it's easy. With the Minors, though, you not only have the attributions of the decans, but also the influences of the Sephirotic attributions, which can be very, um, influential.. That's plenty attribution, at least for me, at least at this point.

It is in the Majors, actually, that rulers and exaltations come more into play for me, as links can be found that I otherwise wouldn't think of. For example, the Moon rules Cancer and is exalted in Taurus, so there's an obvious link between the Chariot, Priestess and the Hierophant (not to mention the Moon itself), and they are also symbolically linked on the Tree.

anubis777

Greetings.
I agree with you on the other sepherotic attributions it is alot to mix together. I just add sometimes a little more info with the majors & there exaltations. To bad that nobody was able to take me up on my offer on the hebrew letters. I am sooooooooooooo let down by this.

Richard

Greetings.
I agree with you on the other sepherotic attributions it is alot to mix together. I just add sometimes a little more info with the majors & there exaltations. To bad that nobody was able to take me up on my offer on the hebrew letters. I am sooooooooooooo let down by this.
I really don't understand you want with regard to the pictographic values of Hebrew letters when they are used (phonetically) to spell words.

anubis777

Hi L.Richard,
The hebrew letters and there shapes have hidden meanings to them. But when the letters are combined they give a deeper meaning to the card which also is like a lesson that talks to us on a spiritual level. Aleph is the ox which is our strength that is being guided and balanced by the ox goad of justice as well as communication. Or we can say that the element of air which is related to the fool is our intellect that needs to be guided correctly
and not destructively. There are so many meanings from aleph to be used. So with the fool card the person is maybe naieve or is starting something new and they need some guidance or education along with peh/communication to help them.