Atu VII - The Chariot

ravenest

The Chariot image is derived from the description of the Merkaba (the chariot-throne of God) in Ezekiel, Chapter 1. It's kind of confusing but worth a read (or two or three or four :!:) if you have a Bible handy. It almost reads like a description of a sci-fi space ship of some sort. When it moves, it always faces in the same direction, as if it's some kind of gyroscope (which is further suggested by the configuration of wheels within wheels).

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=124078
Part 2.

Zephyros

That's a good point. I often overlook the these kinds of symmetries. Just as the Chariot is conveyance, so is the Hierophant in his role as prophet-priest, channeling energy along the Vau path.

In a shallow, overly simplistic way The Chariot+The Hierophant=The Priestess. By balancing the outpouring, working, active male energy with the internal, receiving, female energy one can negate them both, relinquish conscious control and achieve initiation. Luna rules Cancer while it is exalted in Taurus.

In other words, initiation isn't achieved by being a top or a bottom, but by being versatile. })

On the other hand, I have no idea as to the divinatory meaning of the Chariot, but I'm only on the Lovers (so difficult!) so I'll get to it eventually. Come to think of it, I don't know divinatory meanings for any card. Hmmmm...

Richard

......On the other hand, I have no idea as to the divinatory meaning of the Chariot, but I'm only on the Lovers (so difficult!) so I'll get to it eventually. Come to think of it, I don't know divinatory meanings for any card. Hmmmm...
I don't know anything about divinatory meanings either, except Lovers means choice (or love). Chariot means victory. Heirophant means repressive orthodoxy, pedophilia, or marriage. Ten of Swords means that you need accupuncture. Tower means that life is going to beat the s**t out of you. If all there is to Tarot is the superficial interpretation of picture cards, it seems like a waste of time. :rolleyes:

Carla

Would it be okay if I post some of these insights you have all shared, credited, on my blog? With a link back to this thread of course.

ravenest

sure ... just put me down as saying;

So when you pick it apart and put it together again, The Chariot is The Chariot.

;)

Richard

Would it be okay if I post some of these insights you have all shared, credited, on my blog? With a link back to this thread of course.
It's OK with me, but it's mostly BS as usual. ETA: Except for my contributions of course. :joke:

ravenest

As usual ???

Zephyros

My ethereal pearls of divine wisdom should be kept for posterity, feel free to quote anything, as well as to write about the heaven-sent opportunity you had, just being in my presence. Just be sure to emphasize in excessive detail how I'm as handsome as Apollo, and how you heard choirs of angels everytime you read my posts.
:D

Carla

My ethereal pearls of divine wisdom should be kept for posterity, feel free to quote anything, as well as to write about the heaven-sent opportunity you had, just being in my presence. Just be sure to emphasize in excessive detail how I'm as handsome as Apollo, and how you heard choirs of angels everytime you read my posts.
:D

hee hee