Wealth of symbols on WEALTH

NewWorldAstrology

I wanted to add a thread about the ten of disks: Wealth.

Does anyone care to share more on the symbols on the coins?
We have Mercury at the top (communication) - wealth comes first from state of mind, we have Mercury/Venus/Mars combined at the left - mind/desire/action leading to success in manifesting (disks).
Right we have Sun, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Moon, Jupiter and Saturn - focused will, communication, desire, action, emotional energy, expansion and structure all forms needed for success in achieving the ultimate in the physical dimension.

Does anyone have any information on the other symbols?

Grigori

All the symbols except for one relate to Mercury. Crowley expains it in the BoT, though doesn't specify what each symbols is.

Crowley said:
These disks are inscribed with various symbols of mercurial character, except that the coin in the place of Hod (Mercury) on the tree is marked with the cipher of the Sun

I can never remember which ones are which, so looked then up in Duquette.

1) Planet Mercury
2) Magus Mercury
3) Alchemical Mercury
4) Enochian letter Pa, equivalent to "Beth"
5) Beth
6) Raphael, the Angel who rules Mercury
7) Star of Mercury
8) Sun
9) Phythagorean Tetractys
10) Mercurial Caduceus

fyreflye

The wealth in "Wealth" is Alchemical Mercury.

thorhammer

This may as well be the Study Group thread for this card, so here are my thoughts, in addition to the musing that have been clarified by the above posts.

There are acutally 30 coins on the card - 10 gold, 9 black and 11 burgundy.
  • 9 is the Hermit, Yod, Virgo (in which sign this card falls).
  • 11 is supposedly the number of magick (though why this should be has never been explained to my astisfaction).

Most of the background coins are paired on either side of the card; however, as both occur in odd numbers then one of each colour remains unpaired. Both these appear in the space left by the Fallen Sephira, Daath. this highlights the extreme Earthiness of thes card (Malkuth in Assiah).

If I'm not out of my tree in inferring Daath, what significance does this hold for the card's interpretation and/or use? It seems to be a very powerful association.

\m/ Kat

Yygdrasilian

...Choose One or Ten

8) Sun: 8 = 2x2x2 = Hexahedron/Metatron

8=11---> 3
11=8---> 3

thorhammer said:
There are acutally 30 coins on the card - 10 gold, 9 black and 11 burgundy.
  • 9 is the Hermit, Yod, Virgo (in which sign this card falls).
  • 11 is supposedly the number of magick (though why this should be has never been explained to my astisfaction).

If I'm not out of my tree in inferring Daath, what significance does this hold for the card's interpretation and/or use? It seems to be a very powerful association.
30=5x6
11=5+6

11 is a gateway, like the hymen of Virgo (the Virgin) - the house which Jupiter(Deus Pater) is exiting on Dec.25th, Year 0
The same date that the Sun-Mercury-Earth line up in conjunction...
...as is encoded within the constellation of the Rosy Croix:

ELeven
.........................XIX....................
....................../]....../].................
..10.........10....[]..X..[]...10......10..
swords..wands..[]......[]..cups..disks
...........................I......................
.........................Ace....................
.......................swords.................
........................cups....................
.......................wands..................
........................disks...................

see: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=110049
And let us not forget daath is also 'the key that includes six'

3 -----> 3+3 = 6
3 -----> 3+3 = 33

nihilithic

A little more information..

I have been studying this exact tree of life symbol spread for a lil while now, due to the fact that i have been having the same dream for about 6 days now, every night. To explain a little bit further, i haven't been able to sleep more than 3 hours at a time for about a month now. I am sure this is just my "pa" getting ready for the coming new AEON. Being a child/plaything of the gods, i have accepted this lot. However i still have to go to work, and what have you. So i usually get home and lay down for my first set of three hours. then in a window of about 12am to 2am i take 6mgs of melatonin, and lay down for the next set. up around 3 or 5, and back down again until 8 or 9. I never recall dreams during the 1st or 3rd shift, but always have a massive (almost OBE, or Lucid) dream fit in the middle shift.

Every week for the last month, or so, it has been so. And every week on Monday exactly, the dream will change. This week i am again in a void, and these symbols appear before me, in gold, then flame, then burn out. then all is dark again, and then i awake.

As i am just a humble student, and will always remain teachable, i offer this very personal information, seeking insight, and counsel.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I don't usually muck about with the Thoth Deck. (i have a very loved Mythic deck) and am quite confused as to the message i am obviously being bludgeoned with.

Abrac

In ancient Rome, Mercury was the god of commerce, probably because of the transactions and exchanging involved. He brought good or bad fortune in material matters.

MasterJm

How could someone interpret that card as outcome for a relationship ?

Zephyros

Well, the Ten of Discs is the last Tarot card, lowest of the low, Malkuth in Asia. It is here that full crystallization and cohesion of creation takes place, and from here there is no place to go but back to the beginning to begin the cycle anew. This is the realm of the Princess holding in her lap the Ace, who marries the Prince to become the Knight and Queen to beget and set creation in motion again.

Marriage, possibly, or some other long term arrangement.