Victorian Flower Oracle: Nasturtium

.traveller.

Nasturtium
Sad Memories

Image: Two Nasturtiums pray solemnly over a grave.

Flower meaning "Conquest, Victory In Battle"
To me, this card illustrates the phrase "Win the Battle, Lose the War". I see things that did not work out (plans, relationships etc) and mourning those. Contemplating endings or the thoughtfulness of mind that occurs after the ending.

Barbaras Ahajusts

Not yet releasing worrying over someone who has gone from one's life. Still wanting to fuss over them, as if they could still help them.

With the greenery at the bottom of the marker, I am wondering if they are praying for a return, an perennial return of the flower? Maybe the first flowering was to weak to survive?

Mayhaps a Spring frost bit this one off before it could bloom in the summertime. A love that wasn't ready? Hummm!

Barbara

Ange

Two Nasturtiums at a grave...not one person grieving for a lover, but more a general mourning with the two of them being there.

The plaque on the grave stands very tall, is if to always be seen above foliage that grows.

In life sad memories when we lose someone usually turn into happier ones that we can bear.....and I wonder if the plaque being so high to be sure to be seen above new growth is telling us that new growth will come after the sad memories, and while the plaque will always be there and be seen, things will move on.

Ang x

Jewel

All I can say is that this card does nothing for me personally. I drew this card at the end of last month, and it had been one heck of a week and I had just broken my coffee pot trying to wash it before I sat down with this card (no I was not mourning my coffee pot *LOL*). I just found the card boring and stale.

The emotional feel of the card seems of repentance not sadness, which is why I probably don't care for the card much. Like they are praying for foregiveness. The flower lady on the left at least. The on the right seems more like a goody two-shoes being the epitome of what a good example looks like. I guess I am more like the one on the left *LOL*.

The physical manifestation of this card is that numb oh oh feeling or a stomache ache from having eaten too much junk food.

The mental characteristics of this card to me are a combination of guilt, shame, and acting like one is perfect all at the same time. Things going through your head about how from this day forward you will never do X again! A changed person (then you lapse right back into the same old thought and behavior patterns).

Spiritually I find the card to be that of someone who really wants to be good, do the right thing, and always feeling like they fall short of the mark ... so they try harder. I find this card spiritually frustrating. Spiritually bleak.

What I find most appealing about the card are the flower hats and outfits. The are alive, full of color.

What I find most unappealing is the bleak landscape. It is just leaves me cold. It is depressing. So perhaps I actually find this card depressing since the landscape and whiteness cover most of card (at least the night I wrote this).

The card is titled "Sad Memories", but it doesn't rouse sad memories when I look at it. It is more a feeling of frustration and depression. The book adds meanings of remorse and regret, those I do see clearly. I find it interesting that I agree wtih the book in relation to how static and bleak the card looks, I really don't see the grieving. I see guilt and a need to appear proper (in case anyone is watching).