Victorian Flower Oracle: Tea and Coffee

Jewel

I did not see a thread on this card, but since the conversation about cards with "multiples" is up for discussion in another thread and various of these threads have been opened I thought I would post a thread on this one too.

This is one the cards I drew back in 2007 and made a small journal entry on. When I drew it I kept it out for a couple of days had trouble finding the motivation to write about it. In my journal I noted that it was probably the fly and mosquito in the card that de-motivated me and I think that is still perhaps the case as I find those to be pesky insects, specially when they are around my food or drinks. You would certainly not find me with a placid smile of my face but swatting away at them. That the Tea lady is not bothered by it makes me think "YUCK! hope she never serves me tea!"

The Coffee lady seems quite refined and a bit out of place in the card as there is an oriental feel to the card which does not seem like her setting. My guess is that she must be visiting her Tea lady friend, though the Tea lady reminds me more of a waitress with undesirable helpers. I get the sense that this is an odd or unlikely friendship. I do not dislike the card, it is just not one of my favorites. The insects do bug me though.

Revisiting the card, I would say that this card could herald a need to appreciate things and people from a different perspective allowing for and respecting cultural differences. A card that celebrates diversity and shows the value in that. The insects could symbolize the "noise" that happens when we do not understand the cultural differences as they can get in the way and pollute what otherwise could be an opportunity for growth through taking the time to learn more about other cultures. So in essense I see this more as a card about communication and oppeness to other lifestyles and ideas.

.traveller.

This is one of those cards where everything I see in the image has little or nothing to do with how the card behaves in a reading. The card image is symbolically rich and I can really dig into it.

In a reading, stands for buddies, pals... meeting people very different from myself. If I pulled this in relation to meeting someone for lunch, I might check to see if the place passed it's most recent sanitation exam.

Reminds me of a barbecue place that used to have really good food, but the last time I went there the place was filled with flies. I never went back. The very thought makes me ill.

Jewel

I have not experienced this card in a reading so all I can speak to is how it looks by itself at this point. When I look at the card I do not see friends really, one lady seems to be serving another who is not even paying the least bit of attention to the one serving (good thing or she would be horrified by the flies! *LOL*).

I really got a sense of communication from this card, which is very appropriate for the society we live in today which is so diverse. Often times mis-communication occurrs because we don't understand each other culturally and instead of trying to figure it out we take things based on how our own culture does. I find the pesky flies to be a real symbol of that miscommunication.

It will be intersting to have this card come up in a reading to see how my perceptions change or if they do. All I know is the flies really bug me *LOL*.

Barbaras Ahajusts

I magnafied this card and it almost looks like the coffee chick is happy to share with that nasty fly.
Hummm, coffee & tea are addicting. And the Lady Tea does have a luring look on her face.
So let's see what I can ponder about this card.
A gathering amongst friends.
The first thing that occurred to me was those who would not be without many friends. Who enjoyed the comradeship. But then again, this card could also been seen, if surrounding cards were harsh, as someone who needs to be around people.
Positive cards would be much better to pair up with these two addicting ladies.
Pair up Mavrel of Peru beside this Tea & Coffee lady and it looks to be a hell of a party going on! Surprise party! :laugh:

This card is very interesting as is the ladies that set upon it. Oriental & Victorian. Friends come in all shapes & sizes. From all over the place. :D

Barb

Jewel

For some reason I do not see them really as friends. The Tea Lady to me really appears to be serving Tea to the Coffee Lady, who looks like a patron at a tea house. And those flies ... yuck!

AJ

Perhaps it is an unlooked for or accidental life lesson. Face it, sometimes you meet or work with someone that irritates you just by walking into the room :) irritate like a fly or misquito... I've had a few of those and one in particular taught me a lesson that saved my bacon many times over the years.

So the ladies may not like each other but we can learn a lesson from anyone if we don't close ourselves off or prejudge.