Ace of Swords as feelings, good or bad ?

Sakura Mazaki

Ace of Swords: Feeling certain or ready to start something new

PAMUYA

Like any ace, it has potential, with the sword it cuts both ways. Depending on how you use the sword will be the direction of the feelings or the relationship. This relationship communication is key, knowing their language, meaning how they interpret things is vital. Some people throw around the F-bomb in their regular conversations, it is acceptable to some and replusive to others. Your speach and how you use your words can make or break this relationship. Is your speach kind, true, helpful, or unkind, lies or hurtful. It lets others know what kind of person you are. Others also will judge your intelligence by your speach. This is as important with a relationship as a job interview. The ace is important because they are at least paying attention to you, from this point it is up to you to make an impression. The ace is only the seed, and it has been planted.

novenovembre

The Ace of Swords can be seen as 'victory';that is what the crown, olive branch, and palm frond (RWS) is supposed to be about.

Thank you tarot bear...so as an outcome card, for example, it's a sign of success...

novenovembre

Like any ace, it has potential, with the sword it cuts both ways. Depending on how you use the sword will be the direction of the feelings or the relationship. This relationship communication is key, knowing their language, meaning how they interpret things is vital. Some people throw around the F-bomb in their regular conversations, it is acceptable to some and replusive to others. Your speach and how you use your words can make or break this relationship. Is your speach kind, true, helpful, or unkind, lies or hurtful. It lets others know what kind of person you are. Others also will judge your intelligence by your speach. This is as important with a relationship as a job interview. The ace is important because they are at least paying attention to you, from this point it is up to you to make an impression. The ace is only the seed, and it has been planted.

Yes, I do read the ace of swords a lot like a card of communication, ...upright, I usually take it as an exchange of communication that is sharp, incisive, and helps cut through the confusion of a situation....but when it's the final or outcome card, I sometimes find it hard to decide which is which, victory, or commnication as the key....

nisaba

Being rational means being emotionally cold.
No, it doesn't. Some of the most intelligent, most rational people I know are also the warmest. They just tend to make fewer stupid mistakes than the rest of us, that's all.

The Ace of Swords in a reading is not a sign of affection.
But I'd agree with you there. It often is a sign of breakthrough, though, an aha moment, which can occur in areas of the heart as easily as in work, religious, family and financial matters.

Ambience

Truthful feelings. Honest. If not a little Harsh :)

VenusRising

I actually like this card for feelings. It means you are on the persons mind often and want to talk things through. I did a reading for a girl I used to live with and we pulled this card a few times what a guy feels for her. Later on she learned that she was on his mind and he realized what she meant for him, like an a-ha moment (like Nisaba pointed out). He left her hanging one day and he realized what a jerk he was. So the Ace of Swords could be a realization and epiphany. Its not a classically romantic card but it can be, it can say things 'she/he is the one for me'. Or things like that.

nisaba

Being rational means being emotionally cold.

No it doesn't. Being rational means using your mind. It is there to be used - otherwise we wouldn't have it. Being irrational, when we choose not to use the mind, makes us dangerous, or at the very least uncomfortable to be around.

In one's emotional life, a great partner is always rational, whilst a dangerous stalker is frequently how love manifests when it is irrational.

CaballoDeCopas

Using logic to rationalise emotions, (like moon in air signs).

Grizabella

As to the question of whether it's positive or not, swords are double-edged and can cut both ways.