How do you work out Personality, Soul and Year Cards?

angelwhispers

Re: Re: Re: How do you work out Personality, Soul and Year Cards?

Moongold said:
According to Greer in Tarot Constellations , yes!

Moongold

Thanks Moongold, I was just double checking. I believe I read that somewhere else too but wanted to be sure. Thanks again.
:)

Dark Eyes

Moongold, Hi !!!
I am fascinated with this personality/soul card stuff !! I am a palmreader mostly, I also read tarot for those who request it. When I read palms, I work out a persons life purpose and life lesson... they are always very excited, I use the fingerprints for this. I would love to be able to work out the personality/ soul cards for them also, and maybe combine the two, I am sure they would somehow be linked.
I have worked out my year card, but as my personality number works out to be 22, I am uncertain whether to use four or not. My birthday is 30th January 1962. I think my personality card is 4... Emperor, and my soul card is also 4....Emperor. I think my year card is 9... Hermit, and my teacher card is 13...Death.
Can you tell me if this is correct??? I am just unsure of the 22.
Also, when explaining these cards to the client, how would you combine the four cards in their reading?? Are they a seperate reading, or would you combine them ?
Please reply if you have the time
Best wishes
Dark Eyes.

Moongold

Ah...........

Hello Dark Eyes,

Welcome. Your calculations are correct. You would use the higher number (22)as your personality card and the reduced number (4) as your soul card. 22 is the Fool in this formula and 4 is the Emperor (you're right). Your teacher card is 13 (Death) and your year card is the Hermit (9).

I love your idea of letting your clients know what their Tarot Cards are. Do you think this information would be more meaningful if the clients knew a little about Tarot? If they don't it could be a good way of introducing the Tarot to them.

So some ideas. How creative would you like to be? If they don't know anything about tarot it might be good to give them a tarot reading so that they get a sense of the context. You could show them their cards and speak about each one. The possibilities are endless and would depend on the knowledge each person has of the Tarot. And your level of knowledge is also important in this task.

Blessings,

Moongold

Royal Cat

I'm a double 6 (the Lover's) for Personality & Soul cards
And I'm having a 9 year (Hermit)

Thanks Moongold for starting this thread! :)

Cat

Moongold

Dark Eyes said:

Also, when explaining these cards to the client, how would you combine the four cards in their reading?? Are they a seperate reading, or would you combine them ?
Please reply if you have the time
Best wishes
Dark Eyes.

Dark Eyes,

I have a feeling I have not answered your question. If I have understood your question correctly the four cards would be unlikely to appear all at once in the one reading.

And I guess one would normally speak about the four cards in an overall general sense that pretty much depends on some knowledge and understanding of Tarot by the client.

For instance, the Fool as your Personality card would probably only have real meaning for you if you understood a little about the card and the tarot generally. It's a great card to have, I reckon!

Let me know if I am not understanding what you're trying to ask.

Moongold

Dark Eyes

thanks moongold

Hi there Moongold,
You have answered my question and thankyou for your quick reply.
I was thinking that perhaps at the end of a tarot reading, I could actually find out the clients personality/soul card etc. and then perhaps use them to extend the reading by explaining the meaning of the cards and how they may relate to the persons life. Perhaps it will explain to people why certain things happen to them over and over..... or why they react to things the way they do... or areas of their life that they need to attend to more consciously....., or that sort of thing if you get what I mean. I realise that the cards may not even appear in the reading, but I was wondering if you actually did it for people at the end of a reading as an extension perhaps, just to add some extra intrigue for the client !!!
If you donh't mind Moongold, please allow me to pick your brains once more if I can,
I know I may sound stupid, as there are a lot of examples of the working out of the personality/soul cards at the beginning of this thread, but I still have trouble .... If you had a birthday on 6/12/1952 for example, and it appears that the personality card is 17...the star, and the soul card is 8.... strength, I still cannot decide what the hidden or teacher card is. The year card comes up as 5... hierophant.
Thankyou for your time, and yes, I think the fool card is a good personality card too. I feel that I am a very innovative person, unafraid to try out new things despite the majority who question my interests at times. This is what the fool has always meant to me, a breath of fresh air, a new adventure, free spirit. I love the fool card, I think it is my favourite card. I must be careful to look a bit before I leap, I am a bit impulsive.
Thanks again, hope to hear back from you soon.
Warmest wishes
Dark Eyes.

Moongold

Re: thanks moongold

Dark Eyes said:
I know I may sound stupid, as there are a lot of examples of the working out of the personality/soul cards at the beginning of this thread, but I still have trouble .... If you had a birthday on 6/12/1952 for example, and it appears that the personality card is 17...the star, and the soul card is 8.... strength, I still cannot decide what the hidden or teacher card is. The year card comes up as 5... hierophant.

Greetings again Dark Eyes,

It seems that people who are 17:8 do not have a teacher card per se. Greer suggests that with a night time personality card, you carry your shadow within.

If you can, Dark Eyes, get the Mary Greer book "Tarot Constellations" where all if this is explained at length. Given your work and your commitment, it would be a really good investment..

My brain is a bit clogged after a full day and I can't articulate the rationale behind the formula right now but I will on the week end. Can you bear with me for a couple of days? I look forward to doing it.

Blessings,

Moongold

Dark Eyes

thanx again Moongold

Moongold, Hi
Thankyou again for your advice. Yes I can wait, and I know how busy life gets. I too only have limited time of an evening to get onto the internet, so I can and do appreciate when others spare some of their time. Time is precious. Don't worry how long it takes, just reply if and when it is convenient for you,I am happy with whatever you can spare.
Keep up the good work, and try to take some time out for yourself to rest.
Best wishes for now
Dark Eyes.
p.s. I will try to locate the book you suggested, sounds like a good idea. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moongold

Hi Dark Eyes,

Sleep is a wonderful restorer. isn't it? Nevertheless I have the kind of mind that is sometimes challenged by numbers.

What is the rationale behind the Hidden Factor/Teacher card?

Let's start with the concept of constellations: groupings of objects or individuals that are structurally or systematically related.

As reflected earlier in this thread, Arriens discovered constellations or systematic groupings in the Tarot. The linkage she uses is numerological. And this is how she does it:

The chart below (also brought forward from earlier in the thread) shows all the major arcana numbers above the "root" or prime numbers to which they reduce.

For example in the 19-10-1 column, each of those numbers reduces to the root umber 1. Each of the nine groups or constellations thus formed also includes all the minor arcana cards of the same root bumber. This is a direct quote from the book but I haven't included the minor arcana in the chart below:

19....20 ...21 ....22
10....11 ...12 ....13 ....14..... 15 .....16.....17.... 18
1 ..... 2 .....3 .....4 ..... 5 ..... 6 ...... 7...... 8........9

Can you see the principle in action? Your constellation is 22-13-4. Those cards came via the formula of reduction of your birth numbers. 22 (Fool) is your personality card and 4 (Emperor) is your Soul card. The other card in your constellation (13) therefore becomes your hidden factor or teacher card. How are the constellations developed? By breaking down the primary numbers in the bottom row. See how this is done?

The constellations for the root numbers 5-9 are smaller for obvious reasons and would represent cases like my own where I am a single 7 and the Tower (16) becomes my Teacher card.

Hope that is clear. It is all based on primary numbers 1-9. Now I am unsophisticated where numerology is concerned so I can't go much further at the moment but I hope this is a bit clearer.

Blessings,

Moongold

Moongold

Another Australian!!

Well Dark Eyes :)

I just noticed that you are Australian. A very special welcome from Melbourne. The Hawkesbury area is beautiful.

Moongold