How do you work out Personality, Soul and Year Cards?

rostie

Re: Hidden factor cards and other things

Moongold said:
Again, I can't see the original thread but I think you are the double Hermit? That made me wonder about the extent of your intoversion - inward lookingness. The MBTI (Myers Briggs Type Indicator) is a personality test based on Jungian personality types. It simply measures preferences. I think there have been a couple of threads on it here - you might like to do a search here or on Google. I wondered for someone such as you what the MBTI correspondence would be - just an idle wonder, nothing significant. I wondered if on the MBTI you would come up as strongly introverted.

thank you so much moongold!!!

in order of your suggestion about the mbti: i have to say i've never done the test but i am very introverted, and i have a lot of troubles with that, because i want to break out, but don't know how, the feeling my own being is my own cage...i make the cage, i myself, it's me who have to find the key again to free myself...i think that's a strong aspect of the hermit, one aspect, there are more, as from i was very young i felt alone, alone on this world, alone in myself...a hermit, as i write this it hurt...i hate it to be so quiet...don't know how to react to other people...but on the other side, sometimes i just love it to be just on myself, with the silence surrounding me...the emptiness

and it's true, lessons come my way and a lot of them say, trust yourself, trust your own feelings, your own intuition, love yourself...before, i always neglected my intuition...since i discovered tarot and other oracles, it helped me a lot, it has reawakened my intuition, my always inner hunger for knowledge, understanding...

THANKS!

sara.

Moongold

Hello Sara,

I hope that one day you see your introversion as a gift for it is simply a way of thinking. Introverts think and reflect all the time!

They are often the dreamers and creators in this world. They draw their inspiration and motivation from within whereas extroverts bounce off other people most of the time. Introversion and extroversion are simply the way you *are* and how you prefer to act in the world. We couldn't do without people like you. (And me.....:laugh:.....I am introverted too, along with many others here).

Study the Hermit closely. The Hermit represents that part of us which seeks enlightenment and which can lead others to enlightenment as well. You may be very good at synthesizing things, bringing pieces together. You will probably be detached and observant, and you will have real compassion and psychic abilities. There are many positive attributes to this image! I have sent you a PM as well.

Blessings,

Moongold

Indigo_lady

Re: Re: Re: Indigo

Moongold said:
Indigo Lady,

Can I get back to you this eveing about this and your PM? I have to do some work now.

Moongold

Sure

No problem ;)

Moongold

Greetings Indigo Lady,

I had to do abit of research on the karmic year because Greer really does not say much more than than that: the birthdate numbers can be read as a karmic year. She says that unfinished "Soul" issues can come up in that year, giving us an opportunity to complete them.

I certainly believe this to be so from personal experience. Greer emphasizes the importance in getting in touch with our soul's purpose and we can do this by looking back over a ten year cycle at the times we have experienced our personality, soul or hidden factor cards. There is a chart in the book which helps us to do this.

We note their actual calendar years and our age at the time, During those years we were probably actively involved in the things which are expressly important in this life time for our Soul's purpose. That is virtually all she says.

In relation to your first question about the significance of personality and soul cards being the same, I can't find at present where she refers to this but I believe from memory that it simply means that one's search is more focused if this condition exists.

I'll search a bit more for further information on karmic years Indigo Lady. Can you give me a couple of days :) ?

Blessings

Moongold

Moongold

Hi Indigo Lady,

It was TOO late last night for me :)

Anyone with the same personality and soul card is specifically working on their soul purpose in this life time. It makes the person more focused and directed

Moongold

Moongold

Major Tom said:
Now I really am confused! :confused:

Shouldn't it be: 1+6+2003=2010 2+0+1+0=3 ???

Thus Nao's year card is the Empress?

OK Tom, I was correct the first time but with Nao's own query and your comments I recalculated. Unfortunately I took Anjo's birthdate instead of Nao's by mistake. That's where the error occurred. This time tired human, not system. I should have retained the confidence of my first call.

Trying to do too many things at once.

Moongold

Indigo_lady

Moongold said:
Hi Indigo Lady,

It was TOO late last night for me :)

Anyone with the same personality and soul card is specifically working on their soul purpose in this life time. It makes the person more focused and directed

Moongold

0 worries

;)

patience is a virtue...

I've been doing my own thinking / looking up in the meantime

thanks

Moongold

Re: Re: Hidden factor cards and other things

rostie said:
.........and it's true, lessons come my way and a lot of them say, trust yourself, trust your own feelings, your own intuition, love yourself...before, i always neglected my intuition...since i discovered tarot and other oracles, it helped me a lot, it has reawakened my intuition, my always inner hunger for knowledge, understanding...

Greetings again Sarah,

I was thinking about this overnight, particularly in relation to Indigo Lady's question about the meaning of the dual Personality/Soul cards.

You obviously need to decide this for yourself but I wondered if one of your soul purposes might be to accept the special gifts of inwardlookingness and reflection and use them to the max. They are particular attributes of the Hermit

I had the same ambivalence about the Chariot (I'm a double 7). I would have preferred to see myself as the Hermit to be honest and it took quite a while to come to terms with the Chariot and the Tower. And 7's appear to be regarded as *trouble" numbers generally, Sarah. The whole thing didn't quite fit with my self-image. I see the relevance now, however.

Moongold

Indigo_lady

Re: Re: Hidden factor cards and other things

rostie said:
thank you so much moongold!!!

and it's true, lessons come my way and a lot of them say, trust yourself, trust your own feelings, your own intuition, love yourself...before, i always neglected my intuition...since i discovered tarot and other oracles, it helped me a lot, it has reawakened my intuition, my always inner hunger for knowledge, understanding...

THANKS!

sara.

hummm

I've been trying to make sense of this "twice a hermit" issue and I think I have maybe a different approach to it.

My experience is not really that of an introvert, but more of an observer. Introspection is usually my main tool in analizing everything around me, observing what is happening, seeking for more answers by myself until I might have developed a very elaborate thesis about basically anything (thought I think that last part has more with a very big dislike for being wrong :p )

and most importantly I don't like "feeling" alone. There's a very big difference between "feeling" along and "being" alone, one is an emotion and the other one is just a physical location. The second one I have no problem with. But I've had to battle a lot in life so far with being left alone in certain circumstances to learn to trust myself, perhaps: when u feel ur battling the world alone without ur friends or family even though they can be standing there next to you, when u fight to feel the whole *belonging thing* but u have to accept that it's just not for you. That has been a strong dualism throught my life, which has broken my heart and soul at times... thought now that I think about it physical abbandonment (not as dramatic as it sounds ;) ) has been a recurring topic... anyways, this is not Oprah Winfrey

And just as Sarah tarot has really helped me in reawakening my intuition, consciously and happily -when ur trying to fight it for a couple of years it is not a nice scenario, I'll tell u that ...

my two cents on the hermit on personality and soul cards...

Moongold

Thanks Indigo Lady,

This thread began with the aim of looking at the application of the personality and soul cards in our lives and I think we have done that in a fairly contained way. We are made safe by our innate sense of principle and anonymity.

Sometimes it helps to actually see and hear what other people have done. Even though I work in a supportive environment I would probably not go into work and share at morning tea what my daily card had revealed. To my bemusement one of my dearest colleagues, a social researcher, confided the other day that she was going down to XXXX to meet a bunch of tarot reading bliss wits :) Because I know her I could laugh and offer her a reading on what she could expect from the meeting.

Personally, I have used tarot more for insight and spiritual development than for anything else. When you do that lots of personal stuff comes up. I think the tarot offers a unique way of understanding much of that and containing it. I could be wrong but I tend to think the better readers have a really good handle on themselves and their own issues and that enhances the readings they do for others.

With regard to Hermit, I think one of the key characteristics is "inward lookingness". Many people would equate that with introversion but it need not be so exclusively. There is lots of literature on the Hermit archetype. I think observation has already been referred to in relation to that.

Thank you for sharing something of your own personal take and life experience in relation to the double Hermit. I honour that, as well as Sarah's perspective last night. Your experiences have both in different ways had a resonance in me, and probably in others out there as well. It further opens my heart and mind to you both.

With response to one of your initial questions, I wish I knew more about the karmic year but I just don't. I have only a superficial knowledge of karmic issues and would like to suggest that you open a thread in Aeclectic's Spirituality Forum. There are many others here who would have some extra understanding of those issues.

Many blessings,

Moongold