Phantasmagoric - Knight of Swords

galadrial

Melvis said:
Regarding the knife on Tom Tom's shirt, the first thing that struck me is that it's pointing right up at his throat. To me, that seems to be a warning that all his shenanigans will only hurt him in the end.

Hi Melvis,

The more the merrier (iced tea, no sugar or lemon, please). Knife wise, I was thinking that it could also be pointing to his throat chakra, intimating that anything he says could be double edged.

Melvis

Gosh, thanks, all! I feel so welcome! You know, I feel like we're those three little folks in the 3 of Cups card, sitting on our comfy couch. Would you like a straw with your tea? ;)

Galadrial, I'm so glad you brought up the throat chakra! I was thinking of that, too, but I don't know enough about the chakras to know what that would mean. :D I guess the various 'chakra talks' here on Aeclectic have rubbed off a little!

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

galadrial

I don't want to misrepresent myself, it's not as though I've studied chakras. I like the book "Spiritual Tarot", by Echos, Mueller, and Thomson. They describe just about anything on the head, forehead, or throat it terms of chakras, and that has rubbed off on me:) In describing the Aquarian deck's Empress, they say "The bright red and aqua design on the front of her gown tells us that the heart and throat chakras are activated and that she has the ability to convey her love and compassion." For the Queen of Swords, "...with a decorative accent at her throat chakra. She can express her wisdom." I jumped from that to my comment about Tom Tom; just a bit of free wheeling!

Little Baron

I like your free-wheeling Galadrial and thanks for the info on chakras.

It all seems very 'sensible' in comparison to the post I have just put up 'Phantasmagoric Bedtime Stories'. LOL Hope you post a story; the cards are all in the threads for you to look at.

Best wishes and thanks again. I really have learnt a lot from some of your threads and had those AHA moments when reading your opinions.

Yaboot :laugh:

darwinia

The Beer Barrel Chakra

I have one book which pays attention to decorations and articles of clothing that are placed over the chakra regions in the R-W and Robin Wood decks. She does comparisons of each card with both decks and discusses the meanings.
(The Heart of the Tarot by Sandra A. Thomson.) I don't like to have many of these "meaning" sort of books, they tend to get me confused and not thinking for myself, but because of the chakra association I keep this. It's just another way of looking a things.

I did a Random Passage (the exercise I created for myself to do with tarot cards), where I put the chakra numbers one to seven on slips of paper and then drew one from a bowl with my eyes shut. Then I drew a tarot card, and then I had to tie it all together with the song "The Beer Barrel Polka" which I picked randomly because it sounded like the silliest thing. I got a great result, using the heart chakra with the Ace of Wands from the Fey tarot.

Sometimes considering things from a different angle can give you such a burst of intuition and imagination, and you never forget the card and deck you work on in such exercises, and it all seems sort of magical.

spoonbender

I have to admit that, before I got to know Tom Tom better, he gave me the creeps - I used to think he was one of the scariest characters in the deck. I like him a little more now, though.

A train and teddy bear lie before Tom Tom - toys that he has stolen from people weaker than him. The teddy bear looks like it has been tortured; it has been cut open and is missing an eye...! It doesn't look like Tom Tom really needs the toys - he doesn’t even look at them! He only stole them for the pleasure of stealing.

Seen in a different light, I think Tom Tom appeared in my daily draws because I needed to be aware of the fact that I have the tendency to take the fun out of things by being too negative - just like Tom Tom takes away toys (pleasure, fun) from others. I think I need to loosen up sometimes and stop worrying.

It seems that Tom Tom is trying to look as sweet as possible – probably because he knows he has been bad. It’s as if he’s saying: “I can’t help it! It’s just in my nature to do these sorts of things!” (It kind of reminds me of Puss in Boots in Shrek 2, when Puss is looking all cute and fluffy, while he’s actually planning to kill Shrek and Donkey.) Me, I wouldn’t trust Tom Tom one bit – he looks kind of deceitful (and a bit psycho).

Tom Tom is very pale, and there are pins on his jacket. I don’t think he gets out much. And I don’t think he let’s people get very close to him – I guess because he doesn’t like to place himself in a vulnerable position (he likes it better when others are in a vulnerable position)...

Melvis said:
Regarding the knife on Tom Tom's shirt, the first thing that struck me is that it's pointing right up at his throat. To me, that seems to be a warning that all his shenanigans will only hurt him in the end.
galadrial said:
Knife wise, I was thinking that it could also be pointing to his throat chakra, intimating that anything he says could be double edged.
Thanks for your interpretations of the sword/knife, Melvis and Galadrial – I didn’t notice that!!

Spoonbender

Little Baron

spoonbender said:
he looks ... a bit psycho.

I think thats why I like him. Like the Lunatic of Negativity; another of my favourites.

Yaboot

spoonbender

Hey Yaboot,
Glad to see someone is reading this. I know Tom Tom is one of your favourite characters (it's kind of obvious ;) ) - it's strange that I always thought he was creepy (in fact, he gave me goose bumps every time I saw him). But thanks to this thread, I'm starting to like him now too. I feel like I know him a bit better :).

Spoon

Little Baron

Hi Spoonbender

I am not sure (from my memory) if any of the Phantasmagoric characters unnerved me. I don't think they did. I remember 'Maan' not liking the clown in the Swords card. And I was a bit freaked by the yellow blob.

It's funny because in the PT there are at least six of seven characters that remind me so much of people I know; personality traits and physically also, there are little bits that remind me.

I always saw elements of TT in me, which is why I think I initially identified and sympathised with him. Then around a time that I knew a manipulative person, I could see him in TT physically and also through his actions. Now, he is starting to remind me of the boy next door. The boy next door, Ryan, can be a little naughty. He is probably only about 7 years old. He has his moments of antagonising and irritating his younger brother and sister as well. He is not a horrible boy; he's a very intelligent boy; and like TT, has one of the most angelic little faces I have seen. He really could get away with murder, lol.

Glad you are still enjoying the PT. Is it all starting to 'click' now? Have you done any readings with the deck or are you studying it first?

Yaboot

darwinia

spoonbender said:
[I'm starting to like him now too. I feel like I know him a bit better :).

Spoon [/B]

Having recently done a psychological assessment of Tom-Tom, I have a greater understanding of his impetus for stealing toys. If I thought about a toy sailboat in this way, I might steal it too.

[See last part of the thread for salient (haha) bit]

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29935