Phantasmagoric - Knight of Cups

darwinia

Re: Re: We Need More Stories Like This in the World

Maan said:
And your right that guy has the most incredible imagination..i wish i knew him.
He does not even have his own website. Atleast i can't find it.
I would love to do an interview with him for aeclectic..or just for me ;)

You must entail the help of the people at US Games--they will be able to forward your request. That's how it's done in the publishing business, if you want to contact an author, you write his publisher.

They have a marketing department that deals with advertising and publicity--here are the various e-mails at the company. You are the one who knows this deck and has the experience and enthusiasm to interview the author, but just be up front and tell the company you'd like to interview him for Aeclectic, I'm sure they know of the forum, and say that there has been a surge of interest in Graham's brilliant deck etc.

http://www.usgamesinc.com/email_directory.cfm

If not the marketing department, send a general question to the Executive Offices, I'm quite sure they'll forward your message to Graham and you can maybe go from there.

YOU are the person to do this excellent interview and pull it off. How long have you loved this deck? How intimately do you know these characters? Honestly Maan, what a fabulous idea.

darwinia

Bundie is my....um...man

I've changed my mind, my favourite character is Bundie, depicted on the Six of Cups and also front row centre <g> on the Nine of Cups.

I like him because he reminds me of Laura Ingalls Wilder's rag doll Charlotte in the Little House books. When Laura was older, some bratty kid was visiting and wanted Charlotte so Ma Ingalls let the kid have her, to Laura's horror.

Sometime in the winter, Laura found Charlotte frozen in a puddle of water with her hair and eye ripped out and no clothes. The nasty little brat had destroyed the doll. So Laura took her home and Ma repaired her and redressed her. But when Laura found the doll in the ice, Charlotte looked like Bundie!!

How could I not like him with his big, ripped head? He's trying to be nice and help people, Bundie has learned the gift of giving, he's a sweetie. And he's smiling, I like people that smile.

Little Baron

Freesiaskye! You don't hang about!

I am so glad you have this deck now and that you have fallen straight into it. I have had it for about a year or so and it has taken that long for me to realise what a true wonder it is.

I am just about to go out so I will write later.

I am sure Maan agrees that it is great to see these threads livening up.

Best wishes to you both

Yaboot (or Yab, as Freesiaskye calls me)

galadrial

Hi all,

freesiaskye thought I might like this deck (how did you know?). I figured I was currently "decked out" having just gotten the Margarete Petersen, the Tarot of Prague, and having ordered the Rohrig yeaterday. But when I checked this deck out I couldn't resist. It reminds me so much of other things I like: The Nightmare Before Christmas, Alice in Wonderland, The Patchwork Girl of Oz, and, if you're into adventure games, Falderal and Ooga Booga from King's Quest VII: the Princeless Bride, and Zanydu and the Malevolands from Toonstruck. And the really cool thing is, stories from a tarot deck never end, and are tailored to yourself to boot. So, I ordered this deck this morning- but it really is the last one for awhile; I must give these decks some quality time!

P.S. Sing ho for Cups in the Desert. My heart belongs to the desert, where I was born, raised and still reside:)

darwinia

Originally posted by galadrial
freesiaskye thought I might like this deck (how did you know?).
'Cause I can tell these things. <g> Actually, I can't quite figure out why it isn't more popular. We shall have to give credit to Maan for being the voice in the wilderness for so long, and for Yab for getting her talking about it again.
It reminds me so much of other things I like: The Nightmare Before Christmas, Alice in Wonderland, The Patchwork Girl of Oz, and, if you're into adventure games, Falderal and Ooga Booga from King's Quest VII: the Princeless Bride, and Zanydu and the Malevolands from Toonstruck.
See, you're definitely a story person, and this deck has the most wonderfully, inventive story and characters.
So, I ordered this deck this morning- but it really is the last one for awhile; I must give these decks some quality time!
Oh that's great, what a happy thing to buy some new high quality decks. Yeah me too about giving them some time, but it just seemed right. I'm pretty picky about decks as I'm not a true collector and only buy ones I know I will use. I just knew I'd use this.
P.S. Sing ho for Cups in the Desert. My heart belongs to the desert, where I was born, raised and still reside:)
It was meant to be!

Maan

Oh girls you made me sooooooo HAPPY!
( and you too Yaboot)

I knew i could not be the only weird one ;)

Love
"a dancing"
Maan

Little Baron

I am glad that you are dancing Maan!

I am also glad that this decks threads are building up as it really deserves some recognition. In time, if more people buy this deck, our views will have formed a catalogue of the cards and their interpretations. There is so little information, other than the LWB, so I think that that would be useful for any new reader of this tarot pack.

Out of curiosity, where do your cards 'live'? I read already, Maan, that yours live in a marble bag (am I right?). Mine do not have a home yet. I did buy them a very brightly coloured lay out cloth though. It is full of different coloured stars, has large suns in the corner and a childlike moon in the centre. At first, I thought it may be a bit distractive, but the colours work so well with the Phantasmagoric that it makes for a really lively and energetic spread. I have an old tin that was my Grandmothers and then, my mothers. It is so old, is black and has coloured and also gold pictures on it. I would like to use it for a deck but am not sure whether it fits with this one; thought something brighter would be more appropriate. What do you think?

The scan is not a particularly good one, I am affraid.

Best wishes

Yaboot

Attachments

• tin.jpg
    tin.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 504

Hedera

Hehe, I'm so happy you all are happy...:D

See, Yaboot, no need to worry about boring people; you seem to have gotten a deck-buying frenzy going!

Now, where did I put that Phantasmagoric.... It's in a lovely, purple brocade bag, with silver oriental dragons embroidered on it..... Thematically perhaps not a perfect match, but the colours and the size fit so well!

Maan

Your right mine live in a marble bag.
Its a perfect fit. It actually has the same pattren as the back of the cards only in blue and white.

Did you see it Hedera? I forgot if i did..

I will see if i can get my brother to take a picture of it with his digital camera. Maybe i can get it uploaded her. If i ever manage to make the picture smalller..... i'm such a computer nitwit.

Melvis

Yay! More Phantasmagoric lovers! :D

I love your comments about Howie's "antenna", Maan! It kind of helps illustrate my take on this card, which is that this guy is everyone's friend. People love to talk to him and tell him their secrets. Why? His posture where he's 'hiding' his arm behind his back seems to indicate to me that he'll keep any secrets you tell him and not whisper a word to anyone else.

And the way he's tilting his head makes me think he's saying, "C'mon over here! Have a cup with me!"

I guess I don't get the same "stand-off-ish" feeling that you do, Yaboot, but I do see where it could be dangerous to say too much to Howie. Since he is such a good listener he doesn't actually do much talking, so it's hard to know what his feelings are.

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

P.S. My deck lives in it's box, which sits in a lovely green basket full of my most often used decks (about 5-6).