Phantasmagoric - Two of Coins

Little Baron

Todays draw is -

The Two of Coins

Now this is a pleasant card on first impression. Two coins hang from the window frame like the pieces of an abacus, ready to be counted. On the walls are hung many masks - some are laughing, some appear to be screaming. Some look sad.
The young man who inhabbits this room is bald. He looks quite endearing. He has what looks like a bar code across his face, is dressed in white and holds a mask, similar to the one that Polly wears. Is he putting the mask back into the box or is he taking it out. Whatever he is doing, masks seem to be a labor of love for him and I imagine that it is he that has crafted them for the theater. I also imagine that this has made him some money. Is he packing them away?

Graham Cameron says of this card -
"This is Felix who has been asked to move from his premises where he spends much of his time calving masks. Felix finds it easy to adapt for the nature of his work is flexible. Changing to a new environment is not difficult for him.
The Two of Coins represents relocation involving work. A transition.
The reversal is 'unhappy with change, obstinate'".

This definition from Cameron is a little on the short side and that is one problem that I have with some of the definitions in the LWB - I just want to know as much as possible about Felix and I am only given a small insight as to what is happening at that moment. It is up to us to fill in the blanks, I suppose.

So, guys and girls, what do we think about this one? Any ideas about this little fellow. He is one of the cuties in the deck, I add.

Best wishes

Yaboot

Attachments

• felix.jpg
    felix.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 631

galadrial

Hey ho! I got the deck last night and have been going through it this morning, plus did my own reading with it- what fun:)
But on to Felix. The literal meaning of Felix is happy, and he certainly looks it. His masks allow himself and others flexibility in trying on emotions and roles they might not otherwise. The ability to pinpoint his location, to identify and label him, is nonexistent. He is on the move and able to be many things to many people. His craft not only supplies others with masks, but he sets an example by remaining undefined himself. Maybe his face mark reflects how he got this way. Is it a bar code? Or a mark like they give to prisoners to identify them? Or, like Secret Agent Man, did they give him a number and take away his name? If so, he understands how dehumanizing and inflexible a label can be.

Little Baron

Interesting Galadrial.

Cameron does say that he thinks that everone is numbered when they are born so maybe this is a reflection of that.

Because he moves around a lot, I think that Felix understands how to adapt to all of the different masks that people wear. He also knows how to wear them too with different Phantasmagoric Theater members. Maybe it shows how we have to be different with different people for different purposes. It certainly hasn't affected him negatively. I think this little guy knows a lot about all kinds of human nature.

He can hang up a mask or pack it away. He understands all about change and the fickleness of others and the way they adopt different faces. He shows himself as he is and not through a mask. Not that many of them would fit his head!

Yaboot

Little Baron

Just thinking; also he doesn't feel he needs to hide that barcode. He is secure enough in himself to show the world who he really is.

Yaboot

Little Baron

Galadrial

How does it feel to have the deck in your hands? Any surprises? Anything that is different than you expected? Any fave cards that you havn't seen before?

Studying this deck daily has been really helpful to me. I found it difficult to remember names and stories from the book but as we go along at this pace, I can remember all the ones that we have studied so far - Hasan and Howie, Fizzy, Tom Tom, Ryan; how could I forget the blob!

Should be more fun for you now that you actually have it.

Best wishes

Yaboot

Maan

O i wish i was more like Felix. he does not mind change he welcomes it. While i 'change' in the cowardly lion everytime something changes in my life. Can you tell i pulled Felix alot ? ;)
I have a lot to learn from him.

The observations on the barcode are really insightful. I like the idea of him sowing his insight to the world!

Galadrial its so great that you got this deck too now.
Isn't it even more powerfull in real life? Enjoy!

Love
Maan

Little Baron

Our daily draws are going really well, don't you think? Really helping me to understand the Phantasmagoric. I was thinking also, that maybe we could have, lets say 10 or so, standard questions as well. For example, what detail is most prominant in this card and why? How does this relate to your personal day to day life? What mood do you get from this card? It might help me sometimes to have a promt. What do you think? Can you think of any questions?

I will knock up an example for todays card in a second while I finish my cigarette!

Tell me what you think?

Yabby

Little Baron

TWO OF COINS FELIX

What is the general atmosphere of this card?
I see a happiness in this card; a looking forward. The colours are not as bold as in some of the others so it translates as quite a calm transition that Felix is making.

What does this card 'mean' to you?
Felix seems content around his belongings and he holds the white mask out to me. Is he packing it away for his travels or is he offering it to me as a gift? Maybe he is showing me so that he can share his experiences. This does look like his most prized possession from all of the masks he has created. There is a feeling of sharing; maybe that is the two's influence. Because Felix is a traveller, he shares and interacts with a lot of people. Maybe he is sharing his knowledge with us, as a friend, in this card.

What aspect stands out in this card and why?
The barcode and Felix's eyes. Even though Cameron states that Felix is adaptable, there is an element of loneliness in his eyes; also, vulnerability. Is he lacking love? The barcode makes me think that he is just an ordinary guy that works hard ... just like everyone else but there is a lack of emotion and intimacy in him. I want to squeeze him onto that sofa with the friends in the 3 of Cups. He'd fit on wouldn't he? Someone fetch a cup and a straw!!!

Is there any aspect of this card that makes you uncomfortable?
The green mask with teeth is a bit scary. Not to keen on the orange laughing one either. I think they represent people using different 'masks' to hide their insecurities; not letting others see how you are really feeling inside.

This is just a few prompt questions to get the idea over. If you think this might help, post up some other questions and I'll put them into tomorrows draw.

Best wishes

Yaboot

Maan

Good idea!:D
Maybe a question like" What aspect of your life does this card remind you of?"

And something about personal experiences you had with this card...?

Just some random thoughts

Love
Maan

Little Baron

Good ideas Maan. I'll put them in tomorrows. We can always adapt, lose and add questions as we go along.

Cheers for replying.

Yaboot