Phantasmagoric Theatre Tarot

spoonbender

I would LOVE to see the study group for this deck re-opened (currently it's closed in the Forum Archives, which are only accessible to subscribers.) The Phantasmagoric really is a wonderful deck - I haven't seen anything quite like it...

Is anyone else interested in studying it? Everyone is more than welcome :)!!

(For those who don't have the deck, but are intrigued: you can ALSO join, because you can see the cards here. The site takes a while to load, but it's worth it!)

Spoon

Little Baron

Yes, Spoonbender. It would be nice to see 'Tom Tom' and the gang up and about on the forum again.
I am currently working with other decks, but should the study group arise again, I would be sure to pop in consistantly and add my thoughts here and there.
You are right; it is a very individual deck and I have always felt that it was never given enough credit. I love the characters and stories that work within it. It's a real 'one off'. I would recommend it to anyone who wanted to explore something a bit different but that also wanted the traditional structure of the tarot. It will always have a special place for me.
Thanks also, for the link; great site.

Yabs

P.S. Whenever I consult my Marseilles tarot and Le Bateleur pops up, due to your avatar, my intial thought is 'Spoonbender!!!', hehe.

spoonbender

I was hoping I'd see you here, Yaboot :)!! I'm very glad to have you on board!

Yaboot said:
P.S. Whenever I consult my Marseilles tarot and Le Bateleur pops up, due to your avatar, my intial thought is 'Spoonbender!!!', hehe.
LOL :D!

annik

I haven't used my phantasmagoric theatre tarot. But I do love the artwork. It would be fun to talk about it. And maybe it will incitate me to use it!

Little Baron

When I first got my PTT, I wasn't quite sure what to do with it, lol. But as I got into the stories woven into it, it really came to life. The study group here was a major part of the breath that brought that life to it. Unfortunately, because of the commitment I had to make to university work, I didn't get as much time to spend on it as I would have liked.
I hope that it does become 'live' to all users again since as far as I am aware, this board is the only place that has given it consideration and a lot of interesting interpretation. The study group here serves as a very unique and worthy study of the deck.

Yabs

spoonbender

Welcome, Annik! It's wonderful that you decided to join in :).

Fulgour

mE ToO...

noW I FInalLy KNow tHe STorY bEhINd
"tOM ToM stOLe mY tOYs" i'm HOoKeD.

spoonbender

Hey, wait a minute... this means we have 4 people!! (Syko_girl isn't answering for some reason, but hopefully she'll be back here soon.) I'll send Solandia an e-mail, asking for the Study Group to be re-opened :).

Anyone else who wants to join is very welcome!!

Spoon

annik

I am ready to start anytime!

spoonbender

Just a quick update: Solandia informed me that she will re-open the forum soon :).