Veracity of the Kabbalistic Visions Tarot

EmpyreanKnight

I only got to read your latest post now, gregory, and that was the Tree of Life chart I was referring to in my last post. Now about the 22 Major Card-Hebrew Letter correspondences in the companion book. Ahem pretty please? :D

By the way, I got my copy of the Liber Theta here:

http://www.thelema.org/publications/books/LiberT.pdf

Abrac

gregory, that looks like a standard GD arrangement. All the letters are on the same paths (as GD) and layot of the four Worlds is the same.

* I take that back. I'm not sure on the Worlds.

gregory

Thanks, abrac. See, as I said - what do I know ;)

Barleywine

By the way, I got my copy of the Liber Theta here:

http://www.thelema.org/publications/books/LiberT.pdf

I got my copy of James Eshelman's minor rewrite from the same place. It's interesting to compare it to Israel Regardie's compilation of the GD papers in his Complete Golden Dawn System of Magic, which Regardie seemed to have not so much amended as padded out with a few of his own essays, duly attributed. Aleister Crowley also published his own slightly altered version in the Equinox in 1912. They all seem pretty close in content.

kwaw

What do you people who do know your stuff make of the ToL from the Scapini/Marini book that I uploaded ?

I wouldn't know (seriously, kwaw !) - and would like to know what you all think of it ?

Sorry I missed it first time -- saw the poster but didn't look at the tree diagram -- yes, as Abrac responded, standard GD as far as I can see

Aeon418

Caroll Poke Runyon dedicates an appendix to it in his Secrets of the Golden Dawn Cipher Manuscripts.

Also (without any explanation howevre) in The Complete Golden Dawn Cipher Manuscript (Golden Dawn Studies No 1), edited by Darcy Kuntz (It is used to illustrate the front cover)

It was one of the diagrams shown to the Philosophus in the GD and its off-shoots (eg, AO, SM and WR).
It was shown to the Philosophus? Does Runyan make this claim?

The Philosophus is shown a similar diagram: http://www.hermetics.org/images2/kl5a.gif
This diagram is simply meant to display the Trinity of the elements (Air, Fire, Water) operating through the Sephiroth. It does resemble the so-called 'Perfected Tree', but it's not meant to represent it.

gregory

Sorry I missed it first time -- saw the poster but didn't look at the tree diagram -- yes, as Abrac responded, standard GD as far as I can see
So thus far it is accurate, and it's the cards that are giving major pauses for thought... Well - I do have the book, so if anyone wants to know MORE.... since this thread was about this specific deck...

kwaw

It was shown to the Philosophus?

According to Tony Fuller (who is very trustworthy in matters related to GD, its source material and offshoots) --- also, although it isn't published in Regardie, according to TF it was also used in the Lodge in to which Regardie was initiated (Hermes Lodge) ---

Acording to Runyon:

"The newer Stella Matutina scripts do not mention it but if you
consult Torrens or CGDSM you will find, in the last section of the
4 = 7 initiation, the following speech delivered by the Hiereus: -

"On this Tablet is shown the paths when arranged with Da' ath
added to the Sephirothic Tree. It differs from the other and more usual
attributions. Furthermore, it is not so correct as Da' ath is not properly
speaking a Sephira. . ."

I don't think anyone outside of New Zealand has seen that particular
"Tablet" in its original configuration for over a hundred years.
Neither Torrens nor Regardie gave any graphic representation of it and
in the Stella Matutina it simply ceased to exist. According to Pat
Zalewski Whare Ra Temple originally issued a paper by Mathers on
"The Tree of Life with Da' ath." In Whare Ra the concept became identified
with The Garden of Eden and was called "The Tree of Life
Before the Fall." The New Zealand version of Mathers' Tarot Lecture
has a full page drawing of the Da' ath Tree with the Tarot trumps
assigned to the paths as indicated in the Cypher Manuscript."

End quote, from appendix 2, p224

CGDSM = Complete Golden Dawn System of Magic, by Israel Regardie

Abrac

gregory, a list of what Hebrew letters correspond to each trump would be helpful. Although the letters/paths are conventional, it's possible the trumps are assigned to different paths. Is there's anything in the book that sheds light on this? Thanks a lot.

gregory

Aleph: Fool
Beth: Magician
Ghimel: Popess
Daleth: Empress
He: Emperor
Vau: Pope
Zayon: Lovers
Cheth: Chariot
Teth: Justice
Yod: Hermit
Kaph: Wheel of Fortune
Lamed: Force
Mem: Hanged Man
Nun: Death
Samech: Temperance
Ayon: Devil
Peh: Falling Tower
Tzaddi: Star
Qoph: Moon
Resh: Sun
Shin: Judgement
Tau: The World

Is that "normal" ? ;) Seems to be the order of the alphabet according to wikipedia... and the correspondences according to every site where I have ever looked this up.