lookin for just the right lenormand

Le Fanu

OK, Herzog, I think I know your tastes... so here goes.

In first place I would say the Melissa or possibly the Lo Scarabeo French Cartomancy which is very charming and easily available and, once the glaringly white borders grubby up a bit (a few months of shuffling with dirty hands should do it), should look OK! It has a genuinely old--fashioned feel to it.

I used to like the Mystical but now I find it a bit over-done and fussy and a bit out of line with current Lenormand trends :D (and yes, there are trends in Lenormand), where the order of the day is stripped down symbols, simplicity and doing away with playing cards (I know the Mystical doesn't have playing cards, but just saying).

The Piatnik is for grannies }). No offence to grannies, I love them all, but the Piatnik looks like the kind of pictures granny might have on the parlour wall. Not for me.

You can't go wrong with the LoS French Cartomancy to get a feel for Lenormands. Just remember not to read the book.

Herzog

I'll probably hold out for the Melissa or the Les Vieux Jours. Either of these beauties would satisfy me

rachelcat

Le Fanu said:
The Piatnik is for grannies }). No offence to grannies, I love them all, but the Piatnik looks like the kind of pictures granny might have on the parlour wall.
Hey, I resemble that remark! Well, I'm not a granny yet, but as soon as my son gets his act together, I'm ready to be one!

(Ok, I have to admit that what I think is pretty is not necessarily what other people are looking for in a deck of cards . . . Bah! I hate being so openminded . . .)

canid

I remember Grizabella talking about one a while back - I looked at old posts & it's the Mystisches Kipper - I don't have a Lenormand but I really want this one! Check it out - I couldn't find any images here -

Mystiches Kipper

Well, the link doesn't work so just google it. I did look here for images first.

Le Fanu

rachelcat said:
Hey, I resemble that remark! Well, I'm not a granny yet, but as soon as my son gets his act together, I'm ready to be one!
Oh but AT grannies are so different. They're special... No offence to any grannies but let's say the Piatnik just feels a little faded...

Oh and Herzog, beware of Les Vieux Jours Lenormand, not quite as fabulous as one is led to believe...

Le Fanu

canid said:
I remember Grizabella talking about one a while back - I looked at old posts & it's the Mystisches Kipper - I don't have a Lenormand but I really want this one! Check it out - I couldn't find any images here -

Mystiches Kipper
The Mystische Kipper isn't a Lenormand at all. Totally different system, different everything. But nice (Remember what I was saying about slippery slope?)

canid

Le Fanu said:
The Mystische Kipper isn't a Lenormand at all. Totally different system, different everything. But nice (Remember what I was saying about slippery slope?)

It's not? :confused: Well, it's purdy. I'm always sliding that slope, it's a never-ending slope...

Herzog

a slippery slope indeed...

Can you shed a little light for me on the Les Vieux Jours? From the pics it looks quite divine

Le Fanu

HerzogIsGod said:
a slippery slope indeed...

Can you shed a little light for me on the Les Vieux Jours? From the pics it looks quite divine
PM coming... so I can be completely candid? })

lark

I like the Oracle Lenormand better than the French Cartomancy Lenormand.
Oracle Lenormand has no playing card images on it.
It's OOP I think, but Alida still sells it.
The FCL is the largest of my lenormand decks, with the OL being the same height, but a little narrower.
I have 7 lenormand decks, I don't think I have a very favorite..I guess I tend to use my Blue Owl the most, or my old lady Pliatnik...:p
But I can tell you my least favorite, it's is the Carta Mundi....boring...snooze.