Gilded Reverie Lenormand Video Review by Donnaleigh DeLaRose

greatdane

The colors do look brighter, WolfyJames

I was wondering if the glossiness even added more to that. They DO look brighter, but with that high gloss coating, they really stand out. Normally I go for older, vintage-looking decks but this is really lovely.

shadowdancer

This is going to be a must have deck. Just got to wait until it shows on BD. Not sure whether to go for the add on extras or not. Depends on how much they are going to cost I guess. Will they only be available via Ciro's site, or will they also be sold at the usual outlets (Amazon etc).

It just looks so darned scrummy.

greatdane

Thanks Photokat

The gloss sure made it shinier! It's a lovely deck.

magpie9

Why on earth doesn't Amazon have it? Anybody know?

LynnRA

price of deck

Me too ... but this is really what makes it worthwhile purchasing, although it's odd and disappointing they didn't just package the cards together as one deck. Will the original box accommodate the extra cards? ... and at US$20 for 36 cards, it's expensive for a mass produced Lenormand deck ... then add another $8 - 10 at least, for the extra, separately packaged cards.

"This deck has exactly 36 cards, as in a traditional Petit Lenormand deck. BUT....that said, U.S. Games Systems has since decided that those extra cards WILL be made available SOON, in the future. To clarify - the extra (all 7 bonus cards plus 1 other) will be published down the road in their own little mini-pack."

The price of the deck is a bit higher than because of two factors: the gilded edges on the cards and the magnet closure on the box. U.S. Games Systems has not yet received a quote from the printer for the set of eight extra cards. The production work is just now underway. The additional cards of course have to be the same high quality as the rest of the deck. I'm not sure where the reader (above) got $8-$10. It is very doubtful that the price will be more than $5. And please know that Ciro talked to US Games about making these additional cards available in response to comments from Lenormand readers who voiced their desire for these extra cards.

photokat

at US$20 for 36 cards, it's expensive for a mass produced Lenormand deck ...

I don't think this is expensive at all, considering the high quality production.

If it was a boring tuck boxed Lenormand, then maybe yes. But this one isn't.
I much prefer paying a bit extra for quality.

Mine should arrive this week so I haven't personally held it yet but from what I've seen, this deck is a stunner.

Melia

It is expensive. For a big company like U.S. Games I would have thought about $15 - 18 max. for a Lenormand. In comparison the Tarot Illuminati (yes I know it's a LoS deck) with gilded edges and large book was roughly $29 at release. Thats 78 cards vs. 36 cards here.

Yes it's good quality. Yes it's a very lovely deck. ... and yes, I'm aware that Ciro and U.S. Games came to an agreement to release those extra cards after hearing our gripes (mine included). I very much doubt though the extra set will be priced as cheaply as $5 ... we shall see.

It is a stunner, and it is a deck I will buy.

Melia

Why on earth doesn't Amazon have it? Anybody know?

No idea. Maybe the govt. shutdown has had an effect? I'm sure it will be in stock soon enough.

photokat

It is expensive. For a big company like U.S. Games I would have thought about $15 - 18 max. for a Lenormand. .

Ok so it's $1.95 too expensive in your opinion?
Even though it will cost less on Amazon when released?

I'm sorry but I don't quite get it