The Art of Lenormand Reading by Alexandre Musruck

Tag_jorrit

For me, that was the draw with Lenormand from the very beginning: it's crystal clear, very literal and goes "straight for the jugular," so to speak. Even if it is a bit more like Lego-block building than fine architecture. :)

Exactly.

Cocobird55

Looking forward to Donna Leigh's new Lenornand

Astraea

Looking forward to Donna Leigh's new Lenornand
So am I! And I hope that Kelly (of The Truth in Story) will write a book someday, too. I'd also love to see a Kipper book from Kelly.

Musruck has self-published a Kipper book, but it's not available through Amazon yet and I'm uncomfortable about ordering it from him through his website or Etsy site.

Padma

So am I! And I hope that Kelly (of The Truth in Story) will write a book someday, too. I'd also love to see a Kipper book from Kelly.

Musruck has self-published a Kipper book, but it's not available through Amazon yet and I'm uncomfortable about ordering it from him through his website or Etsy site.

Truth in Story's Kelly is very good at explaining the Lennies and Kippers!

You can buy Musruck's Kipper book through LuLu publishing co.

Astraea

You can buy Musruck's Kipper book through LuLu publishing co.
You're right, I'd forgotten that. Thank you!

The Happy Squirrel

For lenormand I personally have Rana's and would like get Andy's, or another book. Limiting myself to two for now.

For kipper, there is not a lot out there, so Alenxandre's book came highly recommended by at least one kipper reader that I know of. Maybe because it is the only one in English by a Kipper reader? I don't know. It is on my wishlist.

I personally am trying very hard to avoid any lenormand or kipper books by "recent converts" almost all of whom came from tarot. From what I have glimpsed so far, they are too confusing, with too much liberties taken. I want to take my own liberties. Not those of others.

Also, if I want tarot-esque systems I personally would not bother with lenormand and would go for one of those oracles which have been created specifically as a combined system.

The Happy Squirrel

I think I'll pass on this one. We have Caitlin's and Rana's and Andy's and that excellent ebook by Anthony Luis. I was just curious about this one...

Fair enough. I have Rana's and really want Andy's. Will add Luis' to my wish list and consider one of them for sure. Actively avoiding Caitlin's.

The Happy Squirrel

Although I'm always on the lookout for more English-language stuff, I think I'll pass on this one too. My order of preference is Andy's (for its solid fundamentalism), Caitlin's (for its playing-card material) and Rana's (for its readability), along with the brief e-book by Anthony Louis; I also use Sylvie Steinbach's book for reference but not technique, and I haven't gone for the Katz/Goodwin books yet. Right now I'm reading Rachel Pollock's companion book to the Burning Serpent Oracle, which is long on traditional value and blessedly short on personal opinionizing. But my main resource is the binder I put together from the numerous blog posts that are out there, which I have organized and tabbed by author and topic.

**taking notes** Thanks Barleywine! Any other books covering "playing card material"?

The Happy Squirrel

I have read all the books you mention and also have not read Katz/Goodwin. Rachel Pollock's book is my newest, and I just finished reading it last night. She has me hooked. Way too many modern nuances these days. I am falling in love with the traditional meanings. Makes reading so much easier, in my opinion.

**adding Rachel Pollock's to my list** What is her title if I may ask?

The Happy Squirrel

For me, that was the draw with Lenormand from the very beginning: it's crystal clear, very literal and goes "straight for the jugular," so to speak. Even if it is a bit more like Lego-block building than fine architecture. :)

Yep. If I want tarot-like I would have gone for tarot.