signifigance of the number 18

soulstar29

In 3 seperate readings i pulled 3 clarifiers they all add up to the number 18. If were looking at it from.a time standpoint what is the signifigance of the number 9 in your experience whether for time or outcome?

Thirteen

In 3 seperate readings i pulled 3 clarifiers they all add up to the number 18. If were looking at it from.a time standpoint what is the signifigance of the number 9 in your experience whether for time or outcome?
If we're talking tarot, than the 9's are all about personal or "earthly" completeness. It's a point where you integrate all you've learned and reach that state of understanding about how it all works. Putting it another way, it's the point where you have all the puzzle pieces, know what the puzzle is supposed to look like, and have an idea of where everything goes--all that's left it putting it together and feeling that sense of accomplishment.

It is, after all, 3 X 3, three triangles fitting together into a larger triangle. Very powerful.

On the "earthly" side of this, it often leads to a state of contentment. But on the spiritual side it can mean that you may have stalled. You're not there yet spiritually, but you don't quite know how to make that last push that takes you beyond putting the puzzle together to enlightenment. 10, after all, is that number of spiritual completeness, taking us back to the "1" or the source. The god particle. 9, being one short of that, can be frustrating if you are on a spiritual journey. But if you're just dealing with something in the here and now, 9 is usually a very good number.

soulstar29

Yes ive heard 9 is a very spiritual number. I was kind of thinking this means its a karmic relationship or soulmate connection for some purpose and the whole thing is a spiritual growth thing. Maybe its happening now and i dont know it which is what its trying to tell me. Learn now?

SA12

If you keep getting 18, before I'd reduce it to 9, I'd take a look at arcanum 18, the Moon, because that would be the summary energy hovering over your readings.

Thirteen

What is real, what is illusion

Yes ive heard 9 is a very spiritual number. I was kind of thinking this means its a karmic relationship or soulmate connection for some purpose and the whole thing is a spiritual growth thing. Maybe its happening now and i dont know it which is what its trying to tell me. Learn now?
Um, no, 9 is not "spiritual" growth. It's material/earthly growth--the investigative understanding of the Hermit, who looks at everything around him and gets a deeper, clearer understanding of it all--which you must have in order to get beyond it and find your way to the spiritual. 9 is not about karmic relationships. For that you need to go beyond 9--and if you're not getting beyond it, then you need some kind of assistance. Often 9 means that we're content or complete in this world so we don't think of going any further. It's powerful, yes, to be able to see all that is so clearly, but it only gets you to the doorway to the spiritual, not over the threshold.

If you keep getting 18, before I'd reduce it to 9, I'd take a look at arcanum 18, the Moon, because that would be the summary energy hovering over your readings.
SA12 makes a very good point (though we should also note that 18 is 9 + 9 ;)). If you're looking at this from the pov of the tarot, NOT just numbers, then you should take a look at 18. The Moon is about illusions, tricks, not seeing things clearly--but also about instincts and creativity. Think of it like a carnival at night with lots of glitter, lights, banners, games. There are treasures to be found here, but a lot of what looks like a treasure isn't--the gemstones aren't real and things that seem magical are just illusions. That's the Moon. You may be thinking everything is spiritual and you're getting all these karmic messages--but you are not in the right state to distinguish which of these are true spiritual/karmic messages and which are deceptions--someone tricking you or you tricking yourself.

Both numbers suggest to me that you're stubbornly seeking the spiritual/karmic on your own, thinking you can get there on your own (9--the do-it-alone Hermit), or that you can trust your instincts and psychic powers--but really you can't; you may well be sensing the spirit world, but your instincts are currently muddled, unable to distinguish what to follow and what to avoid.

If you are really after something spiritual/karmic, I mean *really*--then you need to find someone to help guide you. To say "here's how you get to the next step" (past 9) and/or "Here is what is real, not illusion" (Moon). You need to find an High Priestess--or a Hierophant. A guide or a teacher.

soulstar29

I wasnt saying that at all. I think you misinterpreted it. For all intents anf purposes i will tell you this pertains to a relationshop. I was relating it to what your last post said about where im almost there spiritually. I think all my past relationships have been about learning and karmic ties...i feel this one is more of a partnership in which i build with this person. Although when im talking about timing its relating to the moon which then means to me i wont know when it will happen or im not listening to my intuition. I dont think timing has anything to do with the actual substance of the reading so i wouldnt relate the moon to the acyual relationship. Maybe theres a last puzzle piece we need to put in to become a couple? If we look at it as what we need to do before moving forward how does the moon relate....expressing hidden feelings and worries or secrets?

SA12

Ehhh, I'm leery of this card if you are considering the "building" of a partnership in your spreads. Consider the rws iconography -- The Moon depicts the darkness of night and the creatures of night who respond to the 'faux Sun' -- in other words, the light shining down from the Moon is not the Moon's to give, but it sure seems otherwise! So you may be willfully deceiving yourself, or giving into irrational fears/insecurities, or just simply may not have all the facts yet about this person/the situation. (And from there you can definitely look at that #9 energy and appreciate the Hermit's quest for knowledge).
Also, for what it's worth, consider the 8 of Cups, wherein a lunar eclipse/a night-time scene is depicted.

soulstar29

I dont associate the moon with deception. I feel like people misinterpret the darkness casting a different light on a situation than how it would look in the sun....however i feel like the moon moreso means being able to clearly understand our subconscious messages...which never happens or rarely which is why we need tools in the first place. I feel any knowledge to be gained from the moon is dependeny upon when our conscious mind understands subconscious messages thus illuminating it with the sun

soulstar29

I didnt mean the moon is associated with building a relationship but how or what needs to be addressed first before that can happen

soulstar29

I didnt mean the moon is associated with building a relationship but how or what needs to be addressed first before that can happen