The WildWood Tarot - Stand Alone/Individual Deck/Positive Reviews

Lifeisabutterfly

Perhaps the vast expanse of deepest teal coloured waters as well as the gushing waterfalls can be indicative in interpreting the Queen of Vessels. Still deep waters as well as powerful torrents of water coming down on the rocks behind the salmon show all the facets of emotion and inner strength as well as the mysterious hidden life of water/emotions. She might leap out from time to time but her home is indeed the watery depths where her private life unseen by man unfolds....

Lifeisabutterfly

I wanted to send out a heartfelt thanks to Lady Iron Side and all others who are contributing here...reason being I started out hating this deck and now I am falling in love. I am at home recuperating from a serious illness and this is so healing. In fact, this is just what my spirit and my heart needed. I am reading the book and it is speaking to me like no other tarot book ever has. This is better than medicine! Your continued input is greatly anticipated!

Lady Iron Side

I wanted to send out a heartfelt thanks to Lady Iron Side and all others who are contributing here...reason being I started out hating this deck and now I am falling in love. I am at home recuperating from a serious illness and this is so healing. In fact, this is just what my spirit and my heart needed. I am reading the book and it is speaking to me like no other tarot book ever has. This is better than medicine! Your continued input is greatly anticipated!

I can only speak for myself, and I accept and send you back a hearfelt thank you, your input has been very helpful as well.

I am so pleased that you gave the wildwood a second chance, as time passes you will find that this deck is the medicine you needed and always had within you, before now that door was closed, now it has flung right open for you to explore, healing comes from within, some need help to start seeing it, and that is what this deck has done for you. <smiles> This deck will also beome very close to you a special bond will strongly form. your other decks will also have a special place in your heart as well yet in a different way. There is always room for love and many more decks in your heart. <smile> [edit: I not sure how to say it, but here it goes, welcome to loving yourself, cause when you love, you heal, you attract love and give healing back. Does that make sense to you. That is what I found about the text written in the book, some was hidden between lines, he he ]

I know from personal experience that door was closed for me, until that day came and I asked my neighbor if she knew of Shaman for I wanted to talk to one. then I walk into a store and there was the wildwood tarot. That was my first step, now the door is wide open for me. I am feeling my way around learning this deck as well, I haven't fully grasped the wheel of year stuff yet or understanding of shamanism, reading lots and trying to retain what I am reading. some stuff I am not comphending and get confused a bit. It really is nice when we have others that know more about these subjects whom have contributed, so a big thanks goes out to you. I sometimes find that it's nice to follow someones lead, then to lead, cause really I am kinda tired of alway having to figure it out. lol I will continue to contribute what i see in this deck, my thoughts may not go along with others, by they are mine to share and bring insight, inspiration and leaving it always for other points of view.

I wish you a speedy recovery,
Sincerely
LIS

Edit: While I was outside smoking a cig, I was thinking of you and a voice went off, I don't know why but it told me to have you look at this card Six of Stones. know what your to do is look at this card and write down asking yourself questions by reading between the lines like this " I, my body, my mind, my spirit/soul exploits and resources read it as if it talking about you being the earth. Then post it up in the study group.

Lifeisabutterfly

I wanted to give you my condolences regarding the loss of your father.
This illness came upon me just as I was going through the beginning part of a great spiritual healing journey which stems from my childhood and which has made a certain area in my body weaker--the pelvic area.
The 6 of Stones couldn't have been more appropriate in relation to my illness and Mother Earth. In my view the pelvic area has to do with the place dreams are seeded and brought to fruition as well as the physical region in which new life is given it's first creative matrix.
The 6 of Stones card is full of contrasts: The old man and the young girl, the beehives/tools and the raging fire behind, the expression of worry and stoicism expressed in the two faces.
Traditionally the RW 6 of Pentacles to me has always been something along the lines of "help is on it's way" and "balance in give and take" "to receive is an art as well as a responsibility"....
My illness is partly due to the fact that I never took the time to smell the roses or water them for that matter. I had to raise 2 boys alone and work hard. But also during recreative moments, I never took the time to just relax and give my body more care. This is what most of modern society is doing right now to our Mother Earth. The consequences can be devastating and seemingly irreparable.
The young girl gives out a feeling in resilience and faith. The old man seems more worried about the future. These are all qualities we need right now as we look at Mother Earth and try to assess the dire situation, but yet think with courage and energy about how to solve the problem. This is a very necessary outlook to adopt when faced with illness; combining life experience as well as optimism and dare I say, joy.
The crops are burning but I remember from my childhood that farmers used to burn a field every so often believing this would renew the earth and prepare it for new crops. The old man and the young girl have beehives and tools and bowls--they must then have a home somewhere with more supplies and materials...I can also see where the body in spite of its present situation can also supply more as it replenishes itself, delving deep into it;s storehouse of cells and antibodies as well as the mental strength to carry on. (and a sense of humour?)
Often we see the young bonding with their grandparents in perfect harmony of give and take -- upon observing them interact one might feel concern seeing them at play for both are fragile in their own way but they always seem to get along safely because they have achieved that magic balance and respect for each other's needs and limitations, without saying a word, just by knowing. So must we use our resources wisely--combining new ideas and energies with the wisdom, experience and patience of the old. These two forces are our best resources at times and if we applied them toward our health and our Mother Earth we would be better off.
I was humbled by my illness because for the first time in many years I had to seek medical help in the local emergency room and apply for health insurance which I had scorned as inefficient and for the weak. This too is a new way of seeing things and a new way of achieving balance. The staff was very kind to me and quite efficient in every way--they have my heartfelt gratitude. I was always the caretaker in the past and but now my resources are temporarily depleted so I need to let others help me and on my own, work hard at tending myself--as a representative of Mother Earth.
This card has actually given me hope that I will recover soon and adopt a new approach to my inner Mother Earth....

Terrapin

Perhaps the vast expanse of deepest teal coloured waters as well as the gushing waterfalls can be indicative in interpreting the Queen of Vessels. Still deep waters as well as powerful torrents of water coming down on the rocks behind the salmon show all the facets of emotion and inner strength as well as the mysterious hidden life of water/emotions. She might leap out from time to time but her home is indeed the watery depths where her private life unseen by man unfolds....

Thanks so much Lifeisabutterfly and Lady Iron Side. I really appreciate your insight and help. I'll work on this Salmon thing keeping your thoughts in mind. Both of your replies are really beautiful.

Lifeisabutterfly

Dear Lady Iron Side
Regarding the mysteries of the Wheel: I am no expert by any means but perhaps thinking about the nature and essence of each suit and the basic meanings of the elements related to each suit could help in placing them in the Wheel according the seasons. The same might apply to the Majors. I think the book is quite helpful in that sense. Your intuition and in depth knowledge of these concepts should assist you in making that connection. And...don't think too much! go with the heart, it's all there! lol. I didn't think I would grasp it and will have to read it over several times surely but while I was reading about the Wheel and the cards I felt my heart leap--it made so much sense! My feelings about the relationship of the Wheel and the cards really went into overdrive as I left the committee of old ladies at the door.
For example the position of the Green Man on the Wheel seems to make perfect sense. Also another point to ponder: in other tarot cards he ( as Emperor) is often represented has sitting in a throne made out of a tree (Steele Wizard) or as part of a tree himself (Transformational)....

Lifeisabutterfly

Thanks so much Lifeisabutterfly and Lady Iron Side. I really appreciate your insight and help. I'll work on this Salmon thing keeping your thoughts in mind. Both of your replies are really beautiful.

That's wonderful Terrapin! Actually this salmon thing is what first got me going--when I read your post I just picked up the card and saw it all so clearly. It's the first time in my life that I ever was inspired to actually study all the details in a tarot card to seek for a deeper meaning. This is so entirely new and delicious, intellectually and spiritually...

Lady Iron Side's suggestion that I study the 6 of stones has been no end of helpful as well! I did my homework with gusto....am looking forward to much more :)

Lifeisabutterfly

Which leads me to another possible subject for discussion....the 9 of Bows? Any takers? It's interesting to compare the traditional RW meaning with this key word: Respect. It took me a while to make a connection and felt a bit of frustration with this card at first because my mind was stuck on the usual meaning! Now I see it in an entirely different light and it's been quite revealing...

Terrapin

I think the 9 of bows actually incorporates much of the spirit of the RWS 9 of Wands, ie, relentless watchfulness, formidable defenses and maybe even some paranoia, but also adds the idea of the querent or someone in the his/her life being respected for these qualities. From the crazed look in our friends eyes maybe also some advice to maybe re-consider an excessive position or opinion. Or maybe "walk, don't run from this situation." Caution! Respect isn't always a pleasant thing. These are my 1st thoughts. I'm sure there is more buried in there somewhere.