Atu XX- The Aeon, flame on!

Aeon418

I keep asking you about what you wrote ... and you seem to be avoiding it ???
I thought Jim's essay might explain the significance of the Synetic Vernal Point better than I could. But obviously not...

Once you have established that point you've established the boundaries of the zodiac signs and you can calculate forwards or backwards in time with nothing more arcane than math.

ravenest

None taken, I'm the one who doesn't understand these things, so I was thinking out loud there.

I thought it was obvious when I'm talking about stuff I know about and when I'm just spouting. :)

Well .... at least YOU admit it ;)

:laugh:

Keep in mind that even the articles are a bit vague, none of them giving satisfactory answers. There are possibly no satisfactory answers especially when combining straight astronomy and astrology.

Prob.

Part of the answer could be; it is that way as there is no general consensus . And a type of blindness that has to accept what is in a book or a chart ( like the current star maps and boundaries ).... I mean , astronomers would have to be the biggest group against astrologers ever ... yet we use their drawn divisions for an astrological theory of world initiations !

Its a bit like when the Ephemeris was put in tables and printed in books . Around the time that happened the signs and constellations did have an alignment . Why bother observing the sky ( hard, need equipment , sometimes it's overcast and you are restricted to night observation ) when one can just use a book. meanwhile ( over hundreds of years ) the sky moves ...

ravenest ; " Um , guys the sky has moved ! "

western dominant paradigm; " No ... its all here in a book , see , we worked it all out, all technical and printed and authoritative.

ravenest; " Look " <points to night sky >

wpd; < taps book >

sigh ...

I dont think there can be a general consensus , thats why it is best to look into it oneself and nut out a system for oneself or group ... like the GD did.

And it isnt THAT hard .... I suggest the troubles have been 'putting the cart before the horse' .... naming the starting point, then counting 12 segments of 30 degrees out. It work better to group 12 asterisms on the ecliptic and then equally space them out at 30 degrees through the space before and behind them , THEN find the SETTING point (which does not have to be a starting point eg, The GD SET their zodiac at Regulus, but like other zodiacs it STARTS at 0 deg Aries ... which isnt too hard to find, if Regulus is 0 degrees Leo.

Eg ... where in Jims article he quotes the research as " Spica, therefore, was redefined as marking 29°06'05" Virgo for the epoch 1950.0, placing the mean longitude of the Vernal Point at 5°57'28".64 Pisces for the same point in time.

This supplies one way of working out sideral positions for a tropical zodiac .... but it isnt using all the constellations on the ecliptic ( or answer the question I put to Aeon about what he wrote - which is different subject )

Quite possibly. Most people wouldn't know anything about it at all if there hadn't been Hair, so it isn't as though it is common knowledge beyond cosmic quantum flow and stuff.

Yeah .... that puts it in perspective ... :thumbsup:

a lot of my frustrating dynamic with this is trying to talk to people that DID learn about it from Hair . :laugh: Well, I did too .... but this weird thing happened to me with that seed idea, and a lot of other subjects ... as I got old ( heaven forbid ! ) .... I started doing some actual own research and investigation, instead of just reading and nodding along with pop authors.

If anyone is interested in this extension towards a more sensible system, here is a great place to start, for some general info and as a working reference source for variant astrology ;

http://www.constellationsofwords.com/

ravenest

I thought Jim's essay might explain the significance of the Synetic Vernal Point better than I could. But obviously not...

Once you have established that point you've established the boundaries of the zodiac signs and you can calculate forwards or backwards in time with nothing more arcane than math.

Its not the signifance of the vernal point I am asking you about though is it?

It is " If you are not using tropical astrology here , what has the " boundaries between signs are better established these days " comment got to do with non-tropical astrology ? "

Remember ?

Thanks for all the links to other people's writings .

Would you be able to actually answer my question though ( for the 4th time ! ... I mean if not, just say "No, I won't answer that . " .... thats fine :laugh:

but the continual reply of links in answer to a question about what YOU wrote ... isnt answering the question.

Michael Sternbach

Ravenest,

The decan and fixed stars based approach you are suggesting sounds really interesting.

I hope we will see this worked out one day. ;)