Daily Card -- Two/Swords -- Peace

Phoenyx*

A light green background shading to a darker green. The background geometrical designs are not as assymmetrical, or disjointed as the 9, in fact, if you put a mirror on half of it, you'd get the other half, its not symmetrical, and yet, it's very orderly. I get a much better feeling from this card. Things aren't quite as chaotic linearally. Two small swords, one at the top, one at the bottom, both with points upwards, with astrological signs on their tip of the blade. I don't know what symbols those are, can someone say which ones they are? I'm guessing that the bottom one has to be an air symbol...
Two large swords crossed over, and going through a five petalled flower, a lotus flower perhaps?

I'll write more when I get back from the hospital.

lionette

Hi Triquetra.

Yes a much more quiet card than yesterday's!

The astrological attributes are Libra and Moon.
Balance and symmetry are there, but the implied movement of the geometric shapes behind the swords penetrating the fragile flower (blue rose) makes me think it's a delicate situation.

How was today?

Phoenyx*

I loved today, it was so quiet, and uncomplicated, no sticks to get in (phew! that's a load of stress off me today!). It was very much a calm quiet routine day. No machines broke, everyone was there, it was like a machine working in perfect synchronicity. :D

Kaz

this card is also called "lord of peace restored". seeing your post from yesterday and the day you had, this desription would fit the bill i guess :D

Dean

U.k

the Two of swords peace from within Resolutions and Irreconcilable differences.

Craxiette

I've gotten into the habit of using scans of the Thoth minors as my desktop picture, letting each card stay there durings it's corresponding decan. Right now we are in the first decan of libra and the 2 of Swords, Peace. I just love this card, -it's a great card to be greeted by in the morning when I switch on the computer! :D

Lord of Peace, being in Chokma is the highest/first distinct idea of the swords (the ace being just the "seed" of the suit). I think Crowley says something about the word "peace" being seeminlgy so un-sword like, as we usually think of swords/thouhts as being constantly busy with their endless divisions and distinctions. But this is the ideal form of swords, in the supernal triad; above the abyss, where contradictions and opposites are complementary and in harmony. The blue lotus flower to me looks like the vishuddha (throat) chakra. This to me shows that the swords are born of speech -in language. Before we learn to speak our world is undifferentiated, we are not separated from our experiences. Language is by it's nature dualistic, by defining something you automatically exclude everything else from that definition. (This is why the words "nothing" and "everything" are impossible to grasp from an intellectual point of view -they are ultimately impossible to imagine with the linguistic mind).

So through speech, duality is born, which is symbolised by the two swords going in separate directions. But as this is the ideal state, they are fully balanced and in harmony. The opposites co-exist but are at peace -not at war. This is the state we should strive for with out intellectual minds, to embrace paradox instead of shunning it.

Libra symbolises the balance, and the moon to me suggests that the ability to harness the power of paradox comes from the unconcious mind. Also, the angels praying on the hilts of the swords seem to suggest this. So this card could be seen as a mind that has a balance and harmony of the unconcious and concious mind, which is necessary for the emergence of superconciousness.

Another thing...is it just me or do the hilts of the swords look like bearded men? And if the praying angels are seen as the arms, doesn't it look as if they are doing the Isis mourning/the sign of the dance of Asi?? Or am I pushing my imagination too far with this? :laugh:

Always Wondering

I've gotten into the habit of using scans of the Thoth minors as my desktop picture, letting each card stay there durings it's corresponding decan. Right now we are in the first decan of libra and the 2 of Swords, Peace. I just love this card, -it's a great card to be greeted by in the morning when I switch on the computer! :D

What a nice practice. Because of my Libra moon I was tracking the moon through the planets daily for a while, but I got away from it.

I am away from all my books right now, but will give this some thought and take a closer look at those swords. There are a few older threads on the hilts of some swords but I can't remember which ones and am at work, and already spending too much time on not working. :laugh:

That we are in the first decan of Libra might actually explain a lot of my experience right now.

AW

Craxiette

I can see that. :laugh: But they look more like crayfish to me.

:surprise: Crayfish can do magick rituals now?!
Oh well, that would explain why some won't eat them... :p

Aeon418

Crayfish can do magick rituals now?!
The Crayfish is a similar symbol to the beetle on Atu XVIII The Moon. This card is related to the Moon in Libra. I'm thinking Illusion balanced against Illusion = Peace.