Thoth: Loves newbies, hates muddlers?

FLizarraga

Ah, now I see we're talking about brief keyword meanings, not the detailed explanatory text for the small cards, from which we presently have to draw our own conclusions for divination purposes (but therein lies their charm and value, IMHO). If you can get your hands on it, in 1912 Crowley published in the Equinox what basically looks like the Golden Dawn's "capsule" meanings for all of the cards, although I sense a bit of his own "spin" in some of them.

Is this what you're referring to, Barleywine?

http://hermetic.com/crowley/libers/lib78.html

smw

smw l like the links you gave, seems l start out linear like wanting to learn the Thoth by the book literally, but then when l look at the cards, rather like you intuition takes over and l run amok globally :surprise: do you think there is hope for us.
Will be interested to know how you get on with your study of Thoth.

Luna's Crone

Thoth

along time ago i heard the name and couldn't forget it and when i made the bet to learn tarot first, thoth came into mind. so i looked at a few of the pics and was hooked. but my deck turned out to be little and german, and the book and I have nothing common. but i was determined. in the mean time i saw a few cards from tarot of the spirit and bought the book. Great Read. and then got the cards.

But i am still trying to learn basics of rws, but i realized i know more than I thought. and reading came a little easier than i thought, so maybe this time next year, I will be able to start working on thoth without the book of thoth. Also, vision quest is a thoth deck so i am not sure what that means? I have it on my gadgets and as cards. love that deck.

Absynthe

I came to the Thoth deck late in the piece but it's adopted me nicely. This deck has become my favourite and makes all the RWS based decks I have seem useless. I do not know why but there's a depth of meaning to this deck that I really enjoy and find it much easier to intuit than any other deck. It's also a lot more precise when delving into things like soul growth and journey issues which I never had much luck with in RWS.

The pips arrangement in Thoth is a lot more conducive than RWS to me. But then Magick is my first love and I find Thoth to be better aligned with magic than the other types of tarot. I had not thought to do a deck interview with this deck before. Hmm....maybe I need to do that now.