"The direct descendant" of the Thoth?

Naomi Ningishzidda

Well I was just pointing to a book http://www.amazon.com/The-Tree-Life-Introduction-Kabbalah/dp/0979597102 where people could verify that it is true that historically the Hebrew people especially the tribe of Judah regarded the Tree of Life as being a mirror image of the body and not an image of another man. The left anatomy is on the left side. You are looking at yourself when you look at the tree in anatomical context.

You are correct, Luria's NEW tree was different and his reasoning for this was to figure out Da'ath, and by that I mean, find a way to make sense of this non-sephira by crossing it. We don't use his tree but it is important to look at it because he was trying to solve Da'ath and the solution we believe was in the Hidden Diamond all along (Those crossbeams he added are part of the Hidden Diamond)

This is all explained in The Da'ath Hack by m1thr0s also if you want to check it out:

"Before I proceed to critique Luria’s rearranging of paths, I think it is important to acknowledge his exceptional genius. As near as I can tell there would be no modern qabbalah of any outstanding merit without the many brilliant contributions he was able to make in his tragically short lifetime. But his handling of paths to accommodate Da’ath amounts to a strategy of “robbing Peter to pay Paul” that essentially reinforces Da’ath at an unwarranted expense to Malkuth which already suffers enough neglect without pulling its paths connecting Mercury and Venus, generally crippling what is often referred to as the Earth Triad. This is the descending triangle that normally exists between Malkuth (at the bottom), Venus and Mercury. It is a hurried solution to a very complex problem that only leaves us with an even greater confusing mess than we were confronted with before it. The proper way to deal with the Da’ath question would have been to reexamine all path possibilities to begin with to ascertain what (if anything) a proper total of path possibilities might have to tell us regarding the elusive Da’ath. In his defense, it has to be acknowledged that venturing a great deal beyond the scope of any body of tried-and-true esoteric wisdom almost always demands some precedent that justifies taking such a perilous risk. While Da’ath is clearly important, it is quite honestly not until the advent of Abrahadabra that we arrive at such a precedent. This is because Abrahadabra is not just another magickal formula but appears to contain a huge chunk of missing qabbalistic content…namely stars themselves! The very notion that we may be operating at the lesser half of the Tree of Life equation is ample "

On some charts The Priestess seats at the Da'ath coordinate except where Da'ath is visible, then it is a matter of keeping the chart uncluttered and she will be bumped up to be with the Empress in The Cave of the Ancients, but it should be considered by the viewer that The Priestess is the entire path.

The Hidden Diamond emphasizes Da'ath at that coordinate, and not The Priestess, but the Priestess also emphasizes Da'ath, even though she is crossing due to her function as the path from Kether to Tiphareth, she is the only path which does so. The emphasis is not as strong as in The Hidden Diamond but it is there.

The Priestess 62-62 61-61

http://abrahadabra.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Primordials00x12.5.jpg

The cards function as gateways to the Tree's coordinates in this sense so the Priestess is a useful one for anything to do with The Hidden Diamond imo at least.

smw

You are correct, Luria's NEW tree was different and his reasoning for this was to figure out Da'ath, and by that I mean, find a way to make sense of this non-sephira by crossing it. We don't use his tree but it is important to look at it because he was trying to solve Da'ath and the solution we believe was in the Hidden Diamond all along (Those crossbeams he added are part of the Hidden Diamond)

This is all explained in The Da'ath Hack by m1thr0s also if you want to check it out:

"Before I proceed to critique Luria’s rearranging of paths, I think it is important to acknowledge his exceptional genius. As near as I can tell there would be no modern qabbalah of any outstanding merit without the many brilliant contributions he was able to make in his tragically short lifetime. But his handling of paths to accommodate Da’ath amounts to a strategy of “robbing Peter to pay Paul” that essentially reinforces Da’ath at an unwarranted expense to Malkuth which already suffers enough neglect without pulling its paths connecting Mercury and Venus, generally crippling what is often referred to as the Earth Triad. This is the descending triangle that normally exists between Malkuth (at the bottom), Venus and Mercury. It is a hurried solution to a very complex problem that only leaves us with an even greater confusing mess than we were confronted with before it. The proper way to deal with the Da’ath question would have been to reexamine all path possibilities to begin with to ascertain what (if anything) a proper total of path possibilities might have to tell us regarding the elusive Da’ath. In his defense, it has to be acknowledged that venturing a great deal beyond the scope of any body of tried-and-true esoteric wisdom almost always demands some precedent that justifies taking such a perilous risk. While Da’ath is clearly important, it is quite honestly not until the advent of Abrahadabra that we arrive at such a precedent. This is because Abrahadabra is not just another magickal formula but appears to contain a huge chunk of missing qabbalistic content…namely stars themselves! The very notion that we may be operating at the lesser half of the Tree of Life equation is ample "

On some charts The Priestess seats at the Da'ath coordinate except where Da'ath is visible, then it is a matter of keeping the chart uncluttered and she will be bumped up to be with the Empress in The Cave of the Ancients, but it should be considered by the viewer that The Priestess is the entire path.

The Hidden Diamond emphasizes Da'ath at that coordinate, and not The Priestess, but the Priestess also emphasizes Da'ath, even though she is crossing due to her function as the path from Kether to Tiphareth, she is the only path which does so. The emphasis is not as strong as in The Hidden Diamond but it is there.

The Priestess 62-62 61-61

http://abrahadabra.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Primordials00x12.5.jpg

The cards function as gateways to the Tree's coordinates in this sense so the Priestess is a useful one for anything to do with The Hidden Diamond imo at least.

Thanks again for the info! very interesting, a connection then with Da'ath and the Diamond.

Naomi Ningishzidda

This is just a sidenote...so, a friend came to us the other day with an interesting thought. He doubted the Hidden Paths originated with Case, and he remembered finding out somewhere Case had access to Crowley's unpublished work from Cefalu. If it could be traced to Crowley well not only would Western Magickal tradition owe alot to Crowley but also the entirety of Judaic Kabbalah would have to acknowledge Aleister Crowley as an heir apparent to Luria. Such thoughts amuse me. Of course, even if such evidence was found, it will never happen for another 500 years, when all those in power who stand to lose anything are deceased, and by then an entire story will have emerged where Aleister Crowley was talking to the dead ghost of Moses or some ook.

Again all hearsay, but funny to think about.

As for Da'ath and the Diamond if you follow any occult forum for a great length of time the problem with Da'ath will inevitably enter the conversation. Some people say it is the place where Choronzon or Mara hides, waiting to ambush seekers on their way to the supernals. Some people think it's a toilet, and some people think it's a garbage bin. Still others think of it as a harmonic locus that occurs when the Sephiroth sing together. It's a problem area which is so problematic that it has been accepted as the normal behavior of Da'ath. This is called the "normalization of deviance", where malfunction occurs so frequently it is accepted as normal.

Our rough estimation is that it's where all the mental junk accrues in the Body of Light and it needs to be purged. Some include media poisoning, outdated archetypal images, dearly held untruths, etc. It's not so romantic to think of it as the *higher butthole* of the Body of Light, but I can say that is how it is acting at the moment. Run through the Diamond using scrying and see for yourself.

smw

This is just a sidenote...

As for Da'ath and the Diamond if you follow any occult forum for a great length of time the problem with Da'ath will inevitably enter the conversation. Some people say it is the place where Choronzon or Mara hides, waiting to ambush seekers on their way to the supernals. Some people think it's a toilet, and some people think it's a garbage bin. Still others think of it as a harmonic locus that occurs when the Sephiroth sing together. It's a problem area which is so problematic that it has been accepted as the normal behavior of Da'ath. This is called the "normalization of deviance", where malfunction occurs so frequently it is accepted as normal.

Our rough estimation is that it's where all the mental junk accrues in the Body of Light and it needs to be purged. Some include media poisoning, outdated archetypal images, dearly held untruths, etc. It's not so romantic to think of it as the *higher butthole* of the Body of Light, but I can say that is how it is acting at the moment. Run through the Diamond using scrying and see for yourself.

Ahhh.., .I am not familiar with occult forums, it's only the past year that I joined here to learn the Thoth.

Toilet? :laugh: how fragrant...

I do find the diamond quite beautiful, I see it as spinning round like a Guardian of it's treasure, with those sharp, distorting facets, though haven't tried any kind of scrying myself as yet.

Naomi Ningishzidda

Yes it is a remarkably handsome sigil

Well the Neptune Press edition of Seven Seven Seven arrived a couple days ago, my god it is such a nice copy too, anyone thinking of splurging on it should go for it, my white and black copy is pouting in a corner now, lol. It does have Meral's diagram in it that was posted earlier in the thread.

A friend suggested that Paul Case had access to Aleister Crowley's unpublished journals, so i tried to follow the lead.

I've been digging into BOTA texts to examine the work but nothing has turned up yet. I am very interested in this - apparently a number of French Presidents were in BOTA?

As a side note he called he called his BOTA Tarot "the corrected version" of the Rider-Waite which is plainly a rip-off of Pixie's original work which at the time should have been protected by copyright law within that timespan. I may not like the Rider-Waite but I like ripoff artists even less. I will take this all back if he had permission to rotely copy her work and paid her for it, but I doubt she saw a dime of it, and it makes the whole thing very offensive.

That does lead me to suspect he might have been capable of sniping Crowley without credit to him, but I don't have any leads suggesting he definately had access to Crowley's unpublished work.

Luna's Crone

Vivid and garish . and yes, excessive cgi .

Hidden paths are the ones not there that you make up yourself (like the 'father letters' ;) )

if you ask me, and no, you didn't, i would say someone or something saw a light and there was some probing going. it doesn't compare to thoth as far as I can see.