Confused over not connecting with Thoth

ravenest

I wasn't really thinking about divination particularly with all the interesting connections that have come up Christianity, Gnostics, Schools of Magic, black white red, yellow, cars... :)

exactly ..... thankyou !

Baby, do you understand me now
Sometimes I feel a little mad
But don't you know that no one alive
Can always be an angel
When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood

Baby, sometimes I'm so carefree
With a joy that's hard to hide
And sometimes it seems that all I have do is worry
Then you're bound to see my other side

If I seem edgy I want you to know
That I never mean to take it out on you
Life has it's problems and I get my share
And that's one thing I never meant to do
Because I love you
Oh, Oh baby don't you know I'm human
Have thoughts like any other one
Sometimes I find myself long regretting
Some foolish thing some little simple thing I've done
Yes, I'm just a soul whose intentions are good

Barleywine

exactly ..... thankyou !

Baby, do you understand me now
Sometimes I feel a little mad
But don't you know that no one alive
Can always be an angel
When things go wrong I seem to be bad

Baby, sometimes I'm so carefree
With a joy that's hard to hide
And sometimes it seems that all I have do is worry
Then you're bound to see my other side

If I seem edgy I want you to know
That I never mean to take it out on you
Life has it's problems and I get my share
And that's one thing I never meant to do
Because I love you
Oh, Oh baby don't you know I'm human
Have thoughts like any other one
Sometimes I find myself long regretting
Some foolish thing some little simple thing I've done

Nice! By the way, Eric Burdon is still around (last I knew) and is still making interesting music in the blues idiom. Not what it was in the '60s, but then neither are we :D

Michael Sternbach

Take it from me, we do understand you, Frater Corvus!

More often than not, anyway. :)

ravenest

Yes, I think you guys do .

But you are not the one's casting doubting postulations as to why I might be answering people's questions considering my usage of tarot is not the same as theirs .

:rolleyes:

ravenest

Actually, I might reverse it .

I wonder why 'someone' would be here , that seems to know little of the subjects and viewpoints they criticise and keep interpreting things from a Christian religious bias ... and seems to think 'praying to God through Tarot', to reveal what is in store for them, when it will unfold anyway and obviously dont have the confidence and learning required to deal with life as it unfolds and presents its challenges , in the now, with all its possible fluctuations and unfoldments as they happen

;)

Barleywine

Actually, I might reverse it .

I wonder why 'someone' would be here , that seems to know little of the subjects and viewpoints they criticise and keep interpreting things from a Christian religious bias ... and seems to think 'praying to God through Tarot', to reveal what is in store for them, when it will unfold anyway and obviously dont have the confidence and learning required to deal with life as it unfolds and presents its challenges , in the now, with all its possible fluctuations and unfoldments as they happen

;)

Doris Day had the ultimate answer to that one:

Que sera, sera
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours to see
Que sera, sera
What will be, will be
Que Sera, Sera

But I've always preferred Omar Khayyam's (or was it Fitzgerald's muse?) brand of lyrical fatalism. At least it offers an agreeable palliative that would seem to be well-favored by Crowley's eupohoric sensibility (which isn't buried that far beneath the Thoth's scholarly veneer). On the other hand, I wonder how many committed Christians actually try to petition their deity through the rather inhospitable channels of the Thoth anyway. It's a notion that would probably have perplexed Crowley.

smw

Doris Day had the ultimate answer to that one:

Que sera, sera
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours to see
Que sera, sera
What will be, will be
Que Sera, Sera

But I've always preferred Omar Khayyam's (or was it Fitzgerald's muse?) brand of lyrical fatalism. At least it offers an agreeable palliative that would seem to be well-favored by Crowley's eupohoric sensibility (which isn't buried that far beneath the Thoth's scholarly veneer). On the other hand, I wonder how many committed Christians actually try to petition their deity through the rather inhospitable channels of the Thoth anyway. It's a notion that would probably have perplexed Crowley.

Maybe that depends on what type of Christian perspective you are talking about. Mainstream orthodox Christianity might be tricky as you say. Over all though my current understanding of Thelema is that different pantheons of God(s) are all available, which distinguishes it from old style religious thinking. The only law is Do what thou wilt and Love is the Law, Love under will.

Ps as a coincidence to my own recent looks at early Christian thought and Thelema - my own name tries to combine both :laugh: my first names are female disciples named in the gospels as being at the resurrection and my surname has clear Thelemic letters....