Can/Do Pro's ever charge for ONE-card Readings?

nisaba

Silverlyn said:
I did a free phone reading for a good friend and she was very impressed, said the cards were echoing exactly what she knew was going on in her life and the results/directions she should take
You sometimes wonder why these people have readings at all, if they already knew what to do. I thought it was a tool for helping you uncover unknown stuff, not for patting you on the back and saying "good boy/girl."

Silverlyn

nisaba said:
You sometimes wonder why these people have readings at all, if they already knew what to do. I thought it was a tool for helping you uncover unknown stuff, not for patting you on the back and saying "good boy/girl."

Well, true, but in her case,she was kinda ignoring some things and the cards confirmed things for her and also put her attention on other areas that she was not wanting to look at, really.

It was a good Reading on both are parts.

Sheri

Grizabella said:
What was more popular, Sheri? Just curious.

Man, if $5 attracts fundies, I don't want to try it! That's my biggest fear. I was so spiritually abused by them all my younger life that I have what amounts to almost a genuine phobia of them.

I think that it was split down the middle. Basically it was not worth the trouble.

One of the ATA's Free Reading Networks does one card readings and the other does 3 card readings. They are very good readings.

I am not saying that there is anything wrong with 1 card readings, just that they didn't work for me... not worth the trouble to spend 20 minutes for $5.

:love: Sheri

Grizabella

I think the thing is, if you charge a lot for one card because can give extremely good readings with only one, the potential customer isn't going to know how good you are with those till they get one. So advertising them isn't going to get you many takers unless they the potential customer has had one and been tremendously satisfied with it or unless they've heard by word-of-mouth how good you are with them. I think a lot of business might be lost to you unless you keep the cost low, in which case you'll not make a lot of money at it.

gregory

nisaba said:
Some people (readers as well as clients) thrive on one-card readings. Our very own gregory, for example, prior to womanfully attempting with great success a 42-card reading, claims to have been the One-Card Queen.
I do NOT. I am only queen of collecting for no good reason. :)

But I do like doing them !

That being said, someone here asked me for a reading on something they'd lost a while ago, and whether it would ever find its way back home, and while I was typing, a card somewhere in the middle of a deck I had nearby somehow slid out of the deck and presented it to me. Now, I looked at one detail on the card and read it as a negative sign, but the object found its way back home anyway - I completely missed out on the fact that the *title* of the card was the literal answer! <laughter>
That too was our gregory. :D One happy bunny.
Oddly enough the reading nisaba did felt a bit skewy at the time - and now we know why. The title of the card was even something I had had in my head the whole time..... ;) TArot is funny stuff.

So one-card readings can and do work very well whether money is involved or not
I absolutely agree.The big issue for me would be whether your sitter would feel cheated to see only the one card on the table. They shouldn't if you do a good job - but if a sitter is new to it all, I can see them thinking what about all those cards I expected around this one... and the like. Only your skill can get around this one....

Silverlyn

Thanks, gregory :)

I'm still flabbergasted by how accurate these darn cards are!

Yesterday, I pulled one card for me...and it was The Devil! And yep, it's right in EVERY meaning of the card! For I am sorta 'trapped' on a bunch of different levels right now in my life and am making the best use of it, not saying it's a bad thing..I'm sure I did it to myself to focus my intention and energy into making it so we will NEVER be this trapped again! So....*shrug*

gregory

:)

Now you just have to decided if and how to charge for doing that for others :)

Silverlyn

I've already decided!:)

SunChariot

Silverlyn said:
I'm seriously thinking of doing this, as I seem to still do my best work with using only ONE card Readings! (I've been told by several that I give them quite a lot of information and they have (so far) walked away entirely satisfied with their Readings done this way).

Have any of you Pro's ever done this?

If so, what would be an ideal charge (U.S. Dollars) for doing one card readings?

Thanks!

Silverlyn

Certainly, I charge on my web site currently for 1, 2, or three card readings.

How much to charge depends on a lot of things. On how long your readings are (mine tend to be about 1 1/2 pp per card, but I know other people whose 1 card readings are only about a 3 sentence paragraph. Also on how detailed your readings tend to be and how much useful info they give .... Mine, as I said, are abotu 1 1/2 pp long typed single spaced, per card and I charge $22.00 USD

The way I decided on my pricing is ...I have a lot of AT friends and have done some readings on AT. I asked a bunch of people I have read for what they thought my readings were worth. THey all said in about the same range. And I just averaged it out. Always a good way to find out what your readings are worth to others and how much they would pay for them, is to ask others you have read for.

Barbara

Silverlyn

Thank you for your informative post, Sun! :) And that would make sense, that it'd depend on how long you go on about each card.