General Oracles Study Group

DragonFae

Hi. I've been away for quite some time. Life is busy. But I am wondering if anyone is interested in a General Oracles Study Group? It would focus on reading with oracle cards period...NOT a specific deck so some might be working with the faeries, some with loteria cards, or any deck.
I notice that specific study groups sometimes have difficulty staying active because often there are a limited number of people with interest in a specific deck or that have a certain deck.

...Here's how I think it might work but others can throw in ideas too...

Together we could develop a topic list..these are just very random off the top of my head ideas.....for example

How does your deck deal with death/trouble or negative life experiences?
What do you consider the strongest card in your deck?
Which card do you have the most trouble reading?
Are there certain combinations that seem to turn up often? What do they mean in your deck?

There are literally dozens of questions we might ask about oracle cards/decks. Sometimes maybe rather than a question it will be a activity/experience to have with your deck...

Time is always a factor...so say we pick a day and someone posts the question for that week. Sunday afternoons might work...the question goes up and we focus on it, read replies, comment etc for a week and then the next topic goes up. It might be tempting to post more than one topic a week but I feel by reflecting on the same question/topic/activity for a week we give more people a chance to get involved and we give ourselves time to look closer at our decks...more indepth.

Is there anyone interested in such a study?

MagsStardustBlack

Hi dragon fae

I nice to meet you. I like your enthusiasm and energy and I think your idea for a general study group is good. I have frouds faeries oracle and would love to get to know it deeper. I'm not sure how your idea would work with regards to folks having different decks as how would I be able to discuss your cards with you if I don't own a copy of your deck. How can I comment on image, ect.?

However I would like to take part if it goes ahead for sure. I have little free time but I would def' be up for it. Cool idea!

Mags :.)

DragonFae

Your point of not having the same cards is very valid...I am thinking we could focus on themes that might be the same in all decks (or most decks) Which cards represent negative situations, which cards are hard to read etc..Or do a certain activity using the cards....IDK...this is just an idea in beginning form that is why I thought we could discuss it to see if it would be a viable option.

We could look at images of decks/cards online, There are often ones available but some discussion would not center on the image per se. You wouldn't necessarily be helping people interpet the card but rather giving audience to people's own reflections...

So for example:

I might say...the card that I think represents something negative is Luathas the Wild...because he can represent destruction, etc etc etc...

You might say In my deck the card is ____________because _____________.

Someone else might say...Hey you know the theme of destruction comes up in this deck too. Destruction of physical things of emotional relationships etc...and ___________.

So we wouldn't be assisting each other on specific cards but rather facilitating understanding through dialogue. Conversation gives rise to meaning, whether spoken or written. In conversation with others we broaden our understandings through hearing of other thoughts etc...If that makes sense to you. :)

DragonFae

I don't want anyone to be timid in joining in....thoughts and suggestions are welcome. A year or so back...I would post weekly oracle activities that people could try and then comment on....

I'm not an expert by any means but love hearing all ideas...often something someone says helps me make a connection with something I have been reflecting on.....

Winterchild

Oracles

I would be very keen.... would also be keen on a general Oracle Reading Exchange :)

DragonFae

Great Idea Winterchild...perhaps if we can get a group together for the study group....at the end of each month... we can do a reading exchange (that would be our topic for that week)...of course we would need to post it in the right forum!! :) :)

MagsStardustBlack

I love the idea on the table of a week long study/focus on a topic. Plenty time to really delve - forge experience and stretch intuition. Also the idea brought up about the oracle exchange at the end of the month - nice touch to round of/sum up the weeks study.

And yes there are ways around not having the same deck as other folk as was mentioned :.) As mentioned internet options also we could post a photo as an attachment, of the card we are discussing - if subscription will allow - mine however is basic and will not at the moment.

You coud get folk to add their names 'top of thread' if they want pm'd before start of topic or exchange. :.))

DragonFae

I have been reflecting on possible topics etc. Here are two ideas. Feel free to post ideas for discussion topics in this thread or PM them to me and I will put them on a master list and we will begin the study this Sunday. Perhaps more people will join in as we go along.

1. Find three cards in your deck. One that represents the feminine, one the male, and one neutral? Perhaps think of the neutral as a balance between the two. Describe them and how you arrived at the decision to choose these. (This might be hard with some decks but interesting none the less.

2. Ancient/Youthful: Divide your cards by ancient/youthful. Look at each image (even if your deck is non human or non animal) and take your first thought....old or young. Does the card represent ancient wisdom, knowledge, an ancient human trait (jealousy) etc. Do you feel as if this card has lived? Represents an ancient path? OR do you feel this card has youthful innocence, energy, naive, playful etc. (no trait is totally determined by age so just go with first thoughts. Post about what you learned after doing the activity. Did you see any cards differently then before. What key aspects of the deck jumped out at you?

As I said I'm still reflecting but I wanted to post a couple examples of how we might explore or study decks even when we are all using different decks. While there are no hard and fast rules...as our group is just trying to get up and going....I think that we should committ to using as our deck...the SAME deck for all the topics....for a full 52 weeks (full year)...for the purposes of this group. Otherwise what I see happening is we will pull the deck that is easiest to work with for the topic of the week...for example we might pull a deck we know has strong feminine and male cards etc....rather then delving deeper into a deck where it might not be so obvious. Just my thought at this time....might change throughout the course of the study...other views welcome...:)

MagsStardustBlack

I would be happy to use FO for the duration. I only have one deck. Some folk who have 2 or more decks may want to rotate on a monthly basis.

I like your topic ideas.

I have often thought of delving into a card as a story board fashion. Such as shuffle/split deck or whatever is the prefered method of choosing a card, and meditate on the card and encourage a vision quest on the particular image/faerie to see where the journey leads, what secrets or messages may be revealed.

There may be much insight and adventure to be had. No doubt the meeting of the Fae. I did this when I received my Oracle and this is how I came to meet my own Faerie Guide Esmerelda. Can be fun.

So what do you think of this idea - Oracle Vision Quests?

DragonFae

I like the vision quest idea....a lot.... :)

I'll add it to the list for one of the weeks!