Pathfinder's

Bat Chicken

Glad I ordered early.....
My deck has been shipped.... so hopefully by the middle of next week! :)

Milfoil

Looking forward to receiving mine, I ordered it last week.

Promise

I'm waiting for mine as well.

Asher

Just got word...

that my copy was mailed out yesterday! Should be here soon!!

Asher

Promise

I received my deck today and I am thrilled with it.

The cards are small, about the size of regular playing cards, and they shuffle nicely. The stock is a little thin, but not enough for me to be concerned about, and the cards have a semi-matte finish to them. They're glossy in direct light, but not plastic-y at all; they still feel like paper cards, which is something I've grown to appreciate in decks.

The range of styles in the artwork is just amazing. There's fantasy art, black and white, full color, minimalist, so realistic it could be a photograph, and then there are cards that have an almost tribal art feel to them. If absolutely nothing else, this is an amazing deck just for the art alone!

Asher

My deck is here!

Promise said:
The cards are small, about the size of regular playing cards, and they shuffle nicely. The stock is a little thin, but not enough for me to be concerned about, and the cards have a semi-matte finish to them...

The range of styles in the artwork is just amazing... If absolutely nothing else, this is an amazing deck just for the art alone!

Ditto what Promise said! Gorgeous artwork in a wide variety of styles. I'm not sure if I will ever read with the deck, but I will spend hours admiring the illustrations...it's breathtaking!

I also appreciate the inclusion of mythical creatures: Sphinx, Minotaur, Centaur, Phoenix, Werewolf, Unicorn, Kitsune, Dragon, Gryphon, and Satyr.

Lina1

I really can't make my mind up whether I want this deck or not...I'm very interested in totem animals etc. so the concept immediately appealed to me, but I'm not sure whether the variety of images is a good thing for someone who has such picky tastes in the art as myself! :joke:

I've liked most of what I've seen so far...but I've also seen some I really didn't like. I'm so torn! :( This is the best preview I've found so far...http://www.khaosdog.de/store/pathfindersdeck.jpg

If anyone would like to share some scans of their deck I'd really love to see them please. The few images I've found so far tend to show the same cards which is annoying. Makes me worry they're only showing the best cards, I want to see what else is lurking in there! I don't want to buy a deck I'm only going to like half of.

rachelcat

I just ordered!

Funny, I was just thinking, if there are one or two I really don't like, I can just leave them out! I also considered maybe leaving out the fantastical creatures, or using them on their own!

One of the advantages of oracles with lots of cards. Plus, I LIKE lots of cards!

daffyart

Buraqina I'd be happy to share with you any card you'd like to see images of. Most of the cards chosen were based off favorite animals or popular totems. We did try to keep that consistant, and our artists are following suit.

The quality of all the art in this decks is a professional calibur. Like with most large samplings of artwork there are a few varients in style. So from that perspective I think people will have their favorites. If you are looking for a deck that has the same style and the same feel to all the artwork, this is not the deck for you.

Personally, as an artist, I'm very picky too. But none of the art in this deck makes me cringe or makes me think it doesn't hold up with the rest. I am very proud that I was part of this talented group.

As rachelcat pointed out there is nothing wrong with customizing a deck to fit your needs. Also food for thought, this deck is a bargain from an art collecting perspective. Just prints from 39 individual artists at $5 per is a total of $415. Most of our artist charge a lot more for their prints. Many artists, including myself, are sending their signatures along with the decks. So whether you plan on using the deck or just collecting, I don't see how you can loose out.

Naneki

After waiting for what seemed to be forever; I finally got my deck in the mail!!!!! I love, love, LOVE it!!!!! There are no cards that I really dislike, and there are many I absolutely adore. I'm so happy I bought this deck, I can't wait to start reading with it. All I have to do is download the book, and figure out a reading pattern that works well for me. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers,

Naneki