Reading for Other Readers

DownUnderNZer

I have read, when I was learning at the time (Reading Circles), for three other truly out of this world Psychic/Mediums.

One does read with Tarot (not that she needs them), but I am not sure about the other two.

I had no problems reading for any of them at all although I was really nervous with the two females as I had seen them in action enough times so knew just how good they were as readers. Some of the best I have ever come across with really good ethics. Some of the details that one could bring through was mind blowing. E.g. What was buried in a coffin with one loved one. I was present at that reading and it was truly something to witness.

With me as a reader they were awesome - very open, considerate, honest, and I was actually able to give one of them the one thing she had been waiting for - for years. A particular name. Not one professional Psychic/Medium that she had come across - did it.

It was not like any of them was catty or superior at all - just three people getting messages from the other side and forth coming with how it related. Even things that seemed "way out" for me like a "genie in a bottle".

It can be very catty and egos can run riot when it comes to the abilities of Psychic/Mediums and just among themselves which is not really spiritual at all. Not sure about Tarot unless some are so set in their ways perhaps that they are rigid and so therefore judge how others read etc. Not quite seen that on AT though when it comes to cards or oracles. Well, maybe just the Lenormand some years back when I first joined, and then again in 2011.

One website I came across around 2008 I heard had some readers doing bad things to other readers like deliberately writing bad reviews, so as to get more customers, so that is why I monitored it for about 6 months to see what was the go. There were some pretty unreal things going on in it even with the ones that owned the site, including the write up of false reviews, and the sad part was some of those readers were the genuine article and did not deserve it. Reputations down the drain.

That website back then started with a "K" - I think it has since changed its website name.

Tarot readers was what I was mainly looking at to see if there was any truth to that kind of thing going on. I discovered one reader had close to 100 nics (possibly more) and always started her greeting with "hi dear".

Readers tarnishing other readers and it was more than just that...

DND :)

earthshine

I've read for fellow Tarot readers and as soon as the spread is laid out I go, "See! The cards are clear."

They give me a blank look and say, "Uh, but what's your take?"

So I guess I've been lucky. The Tarot readers I've read for are open and non-argumentative.

Barleywine

I've read for fellow Tarot readers and as soon as the spread is laid out I go, "See! The cards are clear."

They give me a blank look and say, "Uh, but what's your take?"

So I guess I've been lucky. The Tarot readers I've read for are open and non-argumentative.

Nice idea! I might say "See, just what you expected! Right???"

AnemoneRosie

I have honestly had a reading where a woman later googled a card, copied the meaning and asked why I had used the wrong meaning?? That gets frustrating sometimes.

I've had this happen as well. Both with the googling, and with people who call themselves readers (including calling themselves professional readers because they do bargain basement readings on the internet) and who challenge me in person. "But this card means that!" and they recite a rote meaning at me that they use every time.

I just respond with "so, if you knew this, why are you coming to me for a reading?" Which causes them to breathe for a few seconds, and I can tell some of the cards' story. Then, a few minutes later, I might get something along the lines of "that's not how I would have read this." Some say it out loud, and some say it silently. It doesn't matter to me which one happens. Either way, they've learned something beyond simply what the question was.

Mystica7

I have happened to get some terrific readings here. It's all about energy, sometimes -when I feel good- I connect with just the right readers and they are able to give me objective advice, which most of the time clarifies things for me.