Who's recieving who ?

Sharla

Receptions i'm still getting slightly confused with who's receiving who.

Say for example you have venus in sagittarius and mars in capricorn....so venus is in mars triplicity (going by a day chart), so does this mean mars is receiving venus so mars likes venus ? Or is it the other way around.

Minderwiz

Receptions i'm still getting slightly confused with who's receiving who.

Say for example you have venus in sagittarius and mars in capricorn....so venus is in mars triplicity (going by a day chart), so does this mean mars is receiving venus so mars likes venus ? Or is it the other way around.

Treat Reception as being a welcome, in the sense of arriving at a hotel and finding that the owner has left you a message offering any help that you might need.

Actually Mars is in Exaltation in Capricorn, so I don't see the reception by Tripliity with Venus as being significant, though it might add a small something to the relationship.

Put Mars in Virgo in the same chart and the reception becomes significant. Venus recieves Mars into Virgo, as the triplicity ruler. Otherwise Mars has no dignity (ignoring Bounds and Decan) So Mars gains here and switches from being peregrine to having something of a welcome. It's not strong because Venus has no major essential dignity in Sagittarius (domicile, exaltation or triplicity) and if Venus herself is Peregrine, then the reception is very weak. Venus might not be able to help much.

Put Mars in Taurus, and Venus into Virgo,so that there's a trine between the two, then Venus is still welcoming Mars into Taurus, her sign, but she's also in her own triplicity. Venus can be helpful to Mars, who otherwise is in his detriment. Swap them around with Venus in Taurus and Mars in Virgo, and Venus welcomes Mars into the Earth triplicity but she's strongly placed in essential dignity. Venus can help Mars a lot, assuming both are reasonably placed by house.