Magical Forest - The Magician

karen0205

I - The Magician
"Oh Animals of the Forest, I will amaze you with marvels and magic, with wonders never seen before!", says Rabbit Swellhead as he demonstrates a tablecloth that floats in the air like a magic carpet. He himself seems to walk on air, thanks to the enchanting scent of roses and his magic wand. He creates the present with his keen skill.

This magician actually shows a magician with some magical ability, he's floating
the tablecloth. Usually the cards have a table with the items on them. I like the red color too. The ruffle collar reminds me of some kind of clown suit. It's sort of throwing me off other than it reminds me of childish things.

The wand is missing from the table too. I wonder why that is?

Attachments

• 1 Magician.jpg
    1 Magician.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 259

r0sered1ster

Magical Forest- the Magician

It almost looks as if he himself is floating too. The first time I looked at this card, I wondered if maybe he was responsible for causing the roses in the foreground to grow and flower creating the "marvels and magic" that he speaks about. If we let his energy flow through us, just imagine what we can accomplish!

GryffinSong

What a sweet, innocent looking mage!!! :D It does seem as if he's floating, as well as his tablecloth. With his big, buggy eyes, he seems as if he's amazed at his own power. The ruffled collar is typical of a certain period of history. Tudor maybe??? So that doesn't bother me. ;) There are both roses and lilies in the Rider Waite Smith deck. But somehow, with more of the red roses on the Magical Forest being buds, it seems to imply that there's still much magical potential that hasn't blossomed yet. I like that sense of potentiality.

I'm so glad I broke down and ordered this deck. I can't wait to have these sweet cards in my hands!!! :)

Ruby7

karen0205 said:
I - The Magician

The wand is missing from the table too. I wonder why that is?

Is that the wand in his right hand? He is up on his tippy toes and his ears look like they are listening to something. There is a lot of energy and the feeling of potential and wonderful things about to happen in this card.

karen0205

Traditionally, the wand in the Magician's right hand is his magic wand and he's pointing it up reaching for power. The wand from the minors is usually also on the table. It's right in front on the RWS decks. It's missing from this card but it could be that the artist assumed the wand in his hand is the wand from the minors group.

Ruby7

karen0205 said:
Traditionally, the wand in the Magician's right hand is his magic wand and he's pointing it up reaching for power. The wand from the minors is usually also on the table. It's right in front on the RWS decks. It's missing from this card but it could be that the artist assumed the wand in his hand is the wand from the minors group.

I see, it is amazing all the things (in RWS decks) I have never noticed before.

MeeWah

This the first encounter with a levitating magician. Since I associate The Magician with the element of Air, fitting that he has control apparently over air.

Not noticed a wand missing since I take the wand in his right hand to represent that tool. & with apparently the dominant hand to wield the forces creatively in the mundane world.

The ruffled collar may allude to the Elizabethan period, where members of royalty & nobility dressed extravagantly to denote their station & wealth. The attire of this Magician, however, seems related to both his aspirations & showmanship.

& as he reaches up high above to access power, it seems the roses do likewise as if following his example. Though their position in the foreground a bit reminiscent of the prop bouquets a stage magician pulls out of a hat, their apparent profusion more suggestive of growth & creativity--red roses symbolic of perfection in the earth plane.

Quester

He seems to be saying this is how you can do that which might seem impossible. Even levitation is possible when you have the right tools. To me the roses look just like an audience and seem to be amazed at what the magician can do.

mando

The magician has put on a show and called all the creatures from far and wide to come and watch, but has anyone turned up yet? Or did he transform them into beautiful roses that are glancing around in amazement?(the roses look so animated to me). Has he amazed himself at what he has accomplished? This is a crazy magician that doesn't know their own power and I would be cautious around them, but I would like to be close to them just to see what happens. The sign of infinity floating like a halo above and the levitating cloth show the magicians power. He is dressed up for a show, but perhaps instead of producing mere illusions he surprised himself with real magic. The overall mood seems positive to me, one of power but do be careful (A rose might be beautiful, but beware those thorns!)

I cant be sure that it is a he, and not a she - this could all be part of the illusion and showmanship.

I also cant be sure if its a look of surprise on the rabbits face because lots of cards have those same eyes that stare back at me. Looking at many of the cards I feel like I have suddenly pulled back the curtain to another world and startled the inhabitants, and they have frozen in fright in the middle of what they were doing, as if to say oops- "you weren't supposed to see that, now what?".