Fairytale Tarot - The Wheel of Fortune

moderndayruth

The Wheel of Fortune- the story attached is “The Fortune and the Woodcutter” by Andrew Lanf.
My first impression of the card were the happiness on the faces of the man and woman standing in front of their cottage – the love and support for each other in the hard times could be read on their faces; the mules reminded me of the very hard work and the cat of the need to be selfish sometimes, which is, “selfish as a cat” as they say.
The poor woodcutter toiled everyday in the forest to support his family, until one day he decides to give it up and simply stay in bad; that very day, the mules he borrowed to someone from the village wander back home loaded with gold.
The woodcutter makes philosophical statement : ” fortune is so capricious, you can never count on her – run after her and she is sure to flee away from you, stay still and she will surely come.”
My experience with this card is that it comes out when we do what we love doing and the sustenance is coming from the most unexpected sources and in the most unexpected ways… though, by the time when we are feeling quite fed up :)

Sar

There is satisfaction of "stealing" from the Sultan and his mercenaries in this story. sometimes it is enough to be on the right place at the right time.