Ludy Lescot - The Star XVII

Pam O

There´s a big frog or a toad on the left corner that I missed at first. The Star lady is not barefoot which is unusual. Her fine boots are getting all wet..
There are some very fine boots scattered throughout this deck! I do enjoy boots. :)

Since the frame of the picture does not encompass all of her, we also cannot see if her 2nd foot is on dry ground as in a typical RWS clone.

It appears as though she is trying to scoop up the reflection of the star in the sky.

That is a fascinating observation. Often there are 2 jugs pouring water, one in each hand. Here, her hands are not cupped to scoop, pour or hold water. Her hands simply seem so delicate.

I keep looking for lurking skulls, or other twists in this Star card. The only possibility (in view) is that huge toad that could be a shape shifted creature?
But..... What else is here, that is just out of our view?

Or is it simply a serene Star card?? Really???

Sar

I wonder if the toad is a tribute to the fairy tales where you have to kiss a frog and a it turns into a prince...

Pam O

I wonder if the toad is a tribute to the fairy tales where you have to kiss a frog and a it turns into a prince...

Nothing would be surprising in this deck.

I have been wondering how that concept would play into a reading?

Celtictarot

To me, this card is about shifting perspective. The frog is a spirit animal totem for transition and transformation. (I will add links later, lappie is being a pain). The lady in the card seems to be mesmerised by the star in the water. There are stepping stones in the foreground, and a path showing in the water in the background. There is an energy of being in awe of the universe (wisdom?) and the wisdom is the stepping stones on the path emotionally and in a more physical state.

Being on the path will be transformative as Mr Toad looks somewhat having a romantic liaison with the stone. So you have a romantic outlook on life and you will be willing. (You don't mind getting your feet wet!)