Tarot of the Origins: 7 of Soul

Aeric

[7 of Cups]: Era of Soul

The artifact depicted in this card is based on a stylized "Venus" figurine from the Gravettian culture of the Upper Paleolithic in the modern Czech Republic. The abstract woman with her human counterpart make for a lovely depiction of an era of spiritual unity with the sacred feminine.

"Every hearth in our clan has one of these objects near it. It is our representation of the Great Earth Mother, the universal Woman from whom all life emerges.

The face of the Great Earth Mother is unknowable, like the blazing face of the sun. Thus, our figures do not define her head further. But while we do not render her face, we see its beauty evident everywhere: the verdant plants that blossom and die with the seasons, the crystal waters of streams and rivers, and the sturdy rocks that become our tools and our weapons. When she is pleased, she smiles. When she is angry, she quakes. When she is sad, she cries. Our hearts beat with her rhythms. The power of Earth is one of the fundamental forces of life, to which the human soul is linked and upon which it depends.

The figure's legs spread with rounded hips, symbol of the creative, nurturing power. We give thanks to the Earth Mother for providing us life, and for providing mothers with the ability to nurture life within them, and for parents to nurture their children into noble lives. We are all responsible for the lives around us as the wheel turns and the generations come and go.

For exceptional devotion to the well being of our clan, I was granted the privilege of the Earth Mother's blessing of lines. It was she who drew the patterns upon my skin, and she who incised the delicate lines into my flesh, and she who smeared grease into the wounds to allow the dark scars to form. This is a mystery about which I may not speak further. But I wear her markings humbly that I may be an example for the women and men around me. The interlocked circles and lines stand for all of us linked through her.

I offer limitless possibilities and potential. We offer limitless possibilities and potential."

Attachments

• Cups07.jpg
    Cups07.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 104