Tarot readings over Skype or Facetime?

Arania

It's not really different than reading on a forum.

However if you can make pics of your cards to show to someone, you can use online tabletop gaming programs to upload images and show your client.

nisaba

I find it is. I can read over the forum or by email really easily, but open a skype conversation snd I'm suddenly stuttering and losing my thread. Something, BTW, that I don't do face-to-face. Don't know why - it just feels very different.

Holly doll

I find it is. I can read over the forum or by email really easily, but open a skype conversation snd I'm suddenly stuttering and losing my thread. Something, BTW, that I don't do face-to-face. Don't know why - it just feels very different.

I tend to turn away from the camera sometimes, I don't like seeing myself in that little box })

lantana

I (also) think it's different. On camera you have the same ability to read their expressions or to take a few seconds to ask if you're on the right track, like you would face-to-face. In email and other written readings you just have to go and hope your intuition is leading you the right way. This is why I personally find email readings a little daunting, you have to wait and see how they land with no indication of if you're on the wrong track until it's over.

Eva4

Comparing both Skype (text only) and email/forum reads, the experience is similar. I feel I have more time to feel the energies there without the distraction of someone (in person) waiting on me in person.

On the other hand, I have done readings in person, and it is lot of weight because most of the expressions are like.. "ok, what am I in for?" Like they're scared. It's not good to let that energy overwhelm me. It does make the translation from card/energy to English language even more difficult at times. To focus on the reading, I just point out what is shown in the pictures and go into description mode and how that relates to the querent's question.

Not to go on and on, it gets exhausting to talk so much and answer questions, too, especially if they don't understand something or know too much about tarot. :(

Grizabella

Hands down, in-person readings are my favorite. They go much better because you have input from your sitter and you can more quickly cover any extra questions that may come up during the reading. With email readings it's very time-consuming and there's just not that personal spark there is with in-person readings.

At this time I don't do Skype or Facetime. Maybe once I've gotten less busy with other stuff it will happen.

I've heard it's way more likely that you're exposed to viruses on Snapchat. Probably because it's such a favorite with kids---viruses are so immature. But I just don't want to take the chance.

ilikeskittles

The lady who does my readings does most of hers over skype, apparently its her most popular method along with phone readings. Personally I haven't done a skype reading, I prefer to receive her readings via email with images of the cards, because sometimes I like to go back and re-read things at a later date. I've found it fairly accurate so I don't want to change my method at this point. Plus I'd feel a little uncomfortable skyping someone for a reading I think!