Whats your 'Tower' story? :D

PhoenixFire

Eek the tower!

The meaning attached to this card never fails to fascinate me. I have never personally had this card come up in my readings and wanted to understand what entails a 'Tower' event. In your experience what happened when you had the Tower come up in your reading?

All stories welcome!

(ps: I'm not sure if this goes here or Talking Tarot but I thought here was more appropriate, please let me know if I should move this thread!)

I've had the tower come up for me coupled with the nine of swords. I was in the midst of a passionate romance with a man and I thought things were progressing quite well. In fact, I thought we would be moving towards marriage since the ace of cups and two of cups also came up in the same reading. A few months later, the man informed me that his wife had read some of our text messages and that he was going to have to let things cool off. That moment of realization - that I was the other woman - was devastating. All the delusions came crashing down as the reality of the situation was revealed to me. It was as if the blinders I had equipped myself with (as the warnings signs were there) were ripped off and I finally saw the truth of the situation. Absolutely, the foundation of the relationship was faulty and since I refused to see the truth, the universe exposed it to me in all it's horrifying glory. In the end, I suffered a month of insomnia, migraines, and heartbreak as I reviewed my memories in excruciating detail (nine of swords). But ultimately, I met another man and fell in love with him and he with me (ace and two of cups).

My experience with the tower was devastating, but in retrospect I needed the lightening bolt to clear out the bad and make room for the good that was going to enter my life.

Padma

The Tower moment I most recall was when asking about a job I had at the time. It came up with the 3 of Pentacles, so I felt it might be surprisingly good news that I was not expecting. Because things were going really well, I thought! What actually happened was, I arrived at work and was immediately told to pack my stuff and go. They were not going to renew my contract. It was a bad jolt, but I did end up in better circumstances afterwards :) I went back to school!

celticnoodle

Both really awful Tower moments, Linnie and Phoenix Fire, but also that turned out to be better.

I still cringe when I see the tower--wondering what is coming next. It generally shows up for me when the family is about to begin their shenanigans again with me. Has shown up recently, and I was able to prepare myself for 'something', but never quite knowing what the something was going to be or when it would come to be. It always seems to still upset me when it does come. However, I also know now, that while it is a rough card signaling for me generally 'hard family times a'comin!' that it also means afterwards some sort of liberation for me, too. So, anymore, while I don't like seeing this card show up--I also know that its for the best and that soon I will be seeing something good coming my way as a result.

Sibylline

After I wince when the Tower comes out in a reading, I have to look carefully at the rest of the cards to see whether it's a larger world event or something that's going to strike my personal world.

World Events:

* 9/11. I was pulling The Tower in every reading for a week before it happened. Didn't matter what I was reading on or who. Until 9/11 actually happened, I thought everyone I was reading for, including myself, were totally doomed.

* The recent gas explosion that led to a building collapse in NYC. I'm originally from NYC (don't live there now) but I seem to be tied to events there.

* The Boston Marathon bombing

* Major airplane disasters

Personal Events:

More often than not, it's a sudden realization that my mindset on an issue or a person is about to change radically. The release of old garbage is healing.

* When I found out my boss was a drug-addict and fired me for no reason
* When other people are about to get fired
* Accidents
* sudden and unexpected deaths
* Sudden breakup due to a sudden realization that the other person is a nutjob
* Earth-shattering sex or desire for earth-shattering sex. I'll only get the Tower like that for men...surprise, surprise ;)