Vierling Tarot

krysia322

Image linked with permission from the artist, Benjamin Vierling. It can also be found on the Mountain Astrologer's special "Scorpio" edition.

I found this beautiful drawing via the Mountain Astrologer's website some time last week, and fell in love with it.

scorpioart2.jpg

I emailed the artist to inquire if he had a tarot deck in the works, because to me, that drawing would make one of the most beautiful "Death" cards I've ever seen (and also an incredible tattoo, for that matter! :D).

He's considered the idea of creating a "Majors only" deck (and I intend to nag him unmercifully), but seems hesitant about going through such time and effort at this time.

I told him about this forum, and asked if I could post it here to see if anyone other than myself would love to see what he could do for us in a tarot collectable. I'm hoping that if enough people garner interest, he won't be able to resist.

:D

krysia322

Isn't La Lune beautiful? :)

I've already asked him about that. She was a commission piece for a small theatre, so unfortunately, not for a "Vierling Tarot".

If you explore some of his portraits, his self portrait would make a great base for a King of Cups, and his portrait of Carrie Hawthorn would make a great base for a Queen of Swords... but I do know that some artists would feel uncomfortable taking something already finished and using it to make something else, as I'm sure each already represents something as is. I'm just eager. LOL.

:)