king of pentacles question

FaireMaiden

Thirteen said:
Best to mitigate all astrological observations of court cards with "The way I learned it...." or "According to...." (Whomever). The astrological associations of other cards won't lead into as much trouble, but the court cards always seem to.
The Astrological associations are actually 'Elemental' associations, (Fire, Water, Air, Earth), that are assigned to 'Signs' of the zodiac.

The suit of Pentacles is 'Earth', thus, Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn, (along with their Modalities, and Planetary Rulers). As such, no one can claim one Court is exclusively one or the other because that completely dismisses the Decanates, (and the associated Modalities & Rulers), found in each Sign.

The problem with Tarot is that it's so general; which is why everyone wants to go around and assign specific stuff... especially to the Courts. 'What, exactly!, does it mean/represent?', they wonder. And they want to know because they want a definite answer as to how to view that particular card. But the only way anyone is gonna get that kind of detailed fingerprinting is thru Astrology.

Hence, why I suggest the possibility of all three Earth Signs, (Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn); all three Modalities, (Fixed, Mutable, and Cardinal); and all three Rulers, (Venus, Mercury, and Saturn).

Alas, at this stage in my career, I don't feel it necessary to qualify every statement I make. It's taken as a given that every person who answers in these forums is offering their 'take', their 'opinion', on the cards. Whilst everyone else is perfectly well within their rights to agree, disagree, or ponder the implications of said opinions and come to their own conclusions.

Thirteen

FaireMaiden said:
at this stage in my career, I don't feel it necessary to qualify every statement I make.
I don't feel it necessary either, and I don't remember suggesting anything so silly. I was merely pointing out that astrological associations and court cards tend, on this forum, to be a hot topic.

I'm sorry if you found the advise discourteous. I won't presume so again.

nisaba

rosariangoddess said:
this card sometimes has me baffled in relationship readings. here is the question; how would you see this king in a romantic relationship?

IN a relationship: solid, dependable, loyal. Once that relationship ends, he is n to going to come back for seconds because he is a "once bitten twice shy" kind of person.

rosariangoddess said:
how would you see him to be feeling towards someone if he had been estranged from them for a while?
Depends how they got estranged.

He is extremely unlikely, once he feels the relationship is over, ever to go back. He'd see it as a betrayal, and he'd see the first breakup as proof positive that a stable relationship is unlikely in the future (and stability is of primary importance for him). He will have licked his wounds, then got on with his life without pining after that initial period of healing: he will be in another relationship or interested in someone, he won't want to go backwards. Kings of Pentacles are far too realistic and aware of past harm done to them ever to go back.

rosariangoddess

thanks nisaba for your feedback; very in depth and descriptive. i will put this in my journal, also!