Favorite Spreads

Geenius at Wrok

Kaz said:
geenius, for those who don't have the Nigel Jackson deck, please describe this spread?
   1 2 3

1 – influences in the immediate past
2 – how they're working out in the present
3 – how things are likely to resolve themselves in the immediate future
4 – predominant theme, true nature of events

If you don't feel like those four cards give you closure, then you can draw a single fifth card and interpret it as advice on how to proceed.

carolliketarot

Lee, I like the 5 card spreads you mentioned. There is another 5 cards that I use all the time.

1) Present situation
2) Guidance
3) Obstacles
4) Further Guidance
5) Outcome

I think I get this spread from Joan Bunning's website. I am learning the CC also. I use the CC also (though still learning), works for me.

Carol

Kiama

I on't have a favourite spred, cuz when I do a reading, I just make up a spread there and then to fit in with the question! I find it difficult to try and make a question fit the spread, so I try it the other way round! But, if I'm just doing a general reading, I do an upside down pyramid, starting witha row of 5 cards, then 4 benath that, then 3, 2, 1.... And read! The rows don't represent anything, but in this spread, it is best to look for the positions of Court Cards to other cards, etc...

Kiama

SherryZoned

Work Cycle

I agree with Emily2otters...I really like the Work Cycle spread.

aeonx

Geenius: thank you for your nice comment about my Star-spread! :) It's my favourite now. *s* :p

MystiqueMoonlight

I go with Kiama on this one. I tend to establish my deck around the issue. I too use a pyramid type but the right way up.

I also use another spread which has three rows of three cards.
Bottom row establishing past, middle row for present and top for future. Then I elaborate further by producing another row which starts from the bottom and goes upward to 4 cards. They then extend the virtues of the previous 3 rows. The 4th card representing possible outcomes.

I get a very concise and deep aspect to my readings with this method.

Lee

aeonx said:
Geenius: thank you for your nice comment about my Star-spread! :) It's my favourite now. *s* :p

aeonx, for the benefit of those of us who haven't seen this, would you mind posting the spread once more?

-- Lee

aeonx

Lee: I thought it was on Anja's tarot site, but I couldn't find it. :( I'll post it soon, but have to run now. *s*

aeonx

Found it from another post...

aeonx' Star Spread:

1.........S7.....2 ......

S= Significator
1) As you see yourself
2) What you're not seeing about yourself
3) & 4): Root problem(s)
5) & 6): Key; what to do
7) Expected outcome

1 & 2 'belong' together, as well as:
3 & 4
5 & 6
5 & 6 & 7
and ofcourse all the cards should be read in relation to each other. You could also relate other cards to one another, as you see fit.

Any opinions are welcomed.

Lee

Thanks, aeonx! :)

-- Lee