RWS Group: Favorite Card

Ruby Red Slippers

The Queen of Cups

She is so mysterious and serious as she looks at a replica of the Ark of theCovenent......To me she "knows" the power and emotion of it all.
Water all around and yet she is seated so solidly on her thrown. She truly has embraced the goddess and knows how to use her emotion for strength, knowledge and intuition.
She is surrounded by cherubs on the throne, angels watching over her, she, watching the angels on the cup she holds, and reminding us of the nuturer in all of us.
I can hardley take my eyes off the ark when this card appears.
I am intrigued with her!

Thanks Kazz...Now I see both faces :)

Thanks Chronata for the great story.....:cool:

I love this board!

Ruby Red Slippers

Little Baron

Cheers Kaz!

Just read your post about the 6 of cups and the two faces. It took me a while to see it but then I did! It is like the skull in the 7 of cups. I totally missed that as well. I will be scanning these cards for the smaller details from now on. It puts a whole new perspective on what we see and can change the entire view point. Its like finding the secret drawer in an old desk. I think that I always underestimated these cards but now, as I read though everybodys threads I can see that the most lavish photoshoped deck is not necessarily the best.

As for a favourite ... the aces always stand out for me. Also the High Priestess and the Queen of Wands. Whenever I see my Rider Priestess I always feel like she is the 'original'.

Thanks Kaz for the 'two face' pointer!

Yaboot

oceanpoetry

where is the skull

in the 7 of cups? I have the card out and I am trying to see where it is hidden...I am still trying to see the second face on the 6 of cups. very frustrating!

Little Baron

Hi Oceanpoetry

The skull - look at the third cup from the right on the bottom row. It is in the top part of the cup.

The seconf face on the 6 of cups - look at her white hair. The line that curves around her ear becomes her right closed eye. See?

If you are using the Universal Waite, you will see a faint skull but the colouring has obscured the second face on the 6 of cups and it is not there.

Best wishes

Yaboot

oceanpoetry

I will look for the skull. I have the Diamond Tarot and clearly saw the second face on 6 of cups! wow! It is hard to see on URW because isn't clearly illustrated. But on Diamond (a different RW clone) it is plain as day!

Little Baron

The Page of Cups

I have already mentioned the 6 of Cups as a fave. However, I don't know how I forgot my favourite page. The Page of Cups is the one (from the Universal Waite) that I always look to if I need 'a pick up'. He is such a charmer and has such a kind face. You could let him guide you through the tarot deck and he would explain all the characters and situations.

I find this card very calming. Hopefully, we can discuss it in more detail if anyone is up for it.

Yaboot

Artemis Sans

Odd for me, the first card that came to mind was Death, and my fav. card is usually The Tower. Don't know why it's Death in RW... The symbolism of the dying people... no one is capable of escaping death, not kings, women, children, or even the clergy... (I thought of that before any one pointed it out to me, I was proud of myself.) I also like the pillars of the Moon and the Sun in the background. Oo! Just noticed something! The river flowing from the pillars of the Moon flow into the river below, which I presume to be the river Styx, with the boat and all... dont'cha love those "aha" moments? (I'm really proud of myself.) The only thing about the card I don't like is the sky... too dark and depressing. it should be glowing red to symbolize both dawn and dusk.

-Artemis

PS- is that The Tower coming out of the bottom-left corner on the 7 of cups?

TemperanceAngel

With a name like mine I would have to say the Temperance card, but I go in and out of phases and cards are significant at some times and not others.

I love The High Priestess and The Hermit always is on my journey with me.

The Page of Cups always intrigues me with his mysterious grin.

This week Judgement is coming through and I can feel some new insights will be revealed to me by this card.

The Six of Cups is such a beautiful, intricate card. Such detail. Pamela was an amazing illustrator.

In all my dealings with this card it always reveals to me a change of residence, in personal readings and professional as well. Not meaning cities or countries, I would look for the Eight of Wands for added insight. Perhaps moving just around the corner.....
But moving house indeedy.

Now that is only when I am reading and I don't believe that the cards have the same meaning for everyone.

XTAX

miss_apples

my favorite card is the three of swords. Mostly because its eye catching. also the meaning of the card is quite obvious....but i guess the thing I dont like about it is that is usually symbolizes heartbreak.

silvie

Favourite Card

i like The Lovers. It´s a wonderful design and the angel's colours are lovely.
Why this card? because reminds me we are always choosing and making decisions . That's good and and rather risky too.
Another one i like is Nine of Pentacles. Full of meaning and beauty.

She is calm and wise.
The one i dislike is three of Swords. It worries me in readings.
Love for all
Silvie